1 2 3 4
Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
3/29/11 10:21 a.m.

Honda CRV, always seem to be driven by the self-righteous sort who believe that going 10 k under the limit somehow makes them safer, and therefore better than the rest of us.

Jay_W
Jay_W HalfDork
3/29/11 10:36 a.m.

I have yet to see a gold Camry drive the speed limit, anywhere, anytime. They are by far the worst of all, including other Camrys. Why this is I have no idea but there it is, sure as the sun shines, the sub-limit parade is headed up by another berkleying gold camry and I'm stuck at the back of the line, pooperscooping the remains. Between them and Chrysler minivans (and the goldern gravel trucks, let's not leave them out), is why my daily driver has to be able to do the 50-70 pass in 2 seconds...

ditchdigger
ditchdigger HalfDork
3/29/11 10:37 a.m.

Just went home to pick something up. Traffic in the 45mph was doing 32. In front of the long line of traffic was a silver Toyota T100.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
3/29/11 11:17 a.m.

There is a Geo Metro Hypermiler eastbound on I-96 around Brighton at 6:30am, full AERO with moon discs and everything PEGGED at 56mph every frickin day.

Klayfish
Klayfish Reader
3/29/11 11:18 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Got a new one to add to the list! Beige Chevy Surburbans and Tahoes with soccer mom's on their phones... ARG!

Dude, I said cars going slow, not weaving in and out of their lane, running stop signs and backing out of parking spaces without looking...

Actually, I stand corrected. They are looking...at their kid in the backseat, their cell phone or their purse....

Type Q
Type Q Dork
3/29/11 11:31 a.m.

Motorhomes.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
3/29/11 11:31 a.m.

Venza, Crosstour, etc... Basically anything that is useless as an SUV, minivan, or wagon, but tries to look like one.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
3/29/11 11:37 a.m.

On the mountain roads it either the toyota prius. I hate getting stuck in the clouds of smug these things emit. The drivers are often so overcome with smug fumes that they don't bother to use the turnouts to allow faster traffic to pass. GRRRR

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
3/29/11 11:40 a.m.

I have yet to get stuck behind a Camry. Of course, around here they are all taxis, and therefor drive eleventy billion miles an hour. Non-taxi hybrids seem to be the worst around here. Everytime I see a Prius while driving my van I still floor it for 2 seconds to offset their enviromental savings...

Duke
Duke SuperDork
3/29/11 11:47 a.m.
failboat wrote: in rural areas, a worn, tattered dodge caravan never fails to drive at least 5-10 mph below the posted speed limit.

Maybe that explains why nobody ever hesitates to pull out point blank in front of me every time I drive mine. I guess they can't conceive that I might be traveling at a decent clip in my big old GC. Thank goodness for decent tires and antilock brakes, is all I can say. It happens to me at least once a trip.

Ranger50
Ranger50 HalfDork
3/29/11 12:00 p.m.

The one with Ohio plates on it.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Reader
3/29/11 12:01 p.m.

small town sheriff on the interstate when i'm in a hurry

killerkane
killerkane Reader
3/29/11 12:36 p.m.

Honda CRV's

turboswede
turboswede SuperDork
3/29/11 12:44 p.m.

Pretty much anything bland and uninteresting, because they are typically driven by people who aren't interested in driving. The same ones that don't change their license plate covers from their dealership or remove the dealership badging.

Lots of Toyota products typically.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
3/29/11 12:46 p.m.

Every VWs speedometer reads 5mph-8mph fast, so they are ALWAYS going 5-8mph slower than the speed limit, add a TDI to the mix and they are often doing 50 on the highway ;)

(Current Jetta GLI owner that drives 7 over 70mph all the time... just to keep up)

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
3/29/11 12:53 p.m.

Toyota Corrolla

Also, since I began working in Boston I have learned that the only way for a Camry Hybrid to move from a stop is by a full throttle launch. You'd be suprised how many times a day I see this which leads me to believe that is just how those cars operate.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/29/11 12:53 p.m.

Anything with a Mexican flag sticker.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet HalfDork
3/29/11 1:02 p.m.

95% of Toyota products fall into this category, especially Camrys and Corollas. It's as if the people that drive them don't even know that they are driving while behind the wheel.

Also, anything in the color Gold is guaranteed to produce the same result.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy Reader
3/29/11 1:26 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

Not where I live. I use the full sized trucks with the Jesus mural on the back as fullbacks in traffic.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
3/29/11 1:32 p.m.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
3/29/11 1:39 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote:

Pinchy, you need to animate that with the left turn signal flashing.

neckromacr
neckromacr Reader
3/29/11 1:52 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: The one with Ohio plates on it.

Pennsylvania ones too, they'll be found in the left lane.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/29/11 2:00 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
pinchvalve wrote:
Pinchy, you need to animate that with the left turn signal flashing.

lawlz.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky HalfDork
3/29/11 2:04 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: Is there one car that every time you see it on the road, you KNOW that it's going very slowly. You see it in the distance, then in a matter of seconds, you're right behind it. You'd think Buicks would capture that title, as they generally attract older people. But it's not even close. For me, it has to be the Ford Ranger. Not sure why, but these things must have some kind of radar built into them. As soon as the Ranger hits 46mph in a 45mph zone, it slams on the brakes. Every time I see one, it's the same story. So what's your slow car?

Around here most Rangers are piloted by old men, they seem to love them.

iceracer
iceracer Dork
3/29/11 2:08 p.m.

I have come to the conclusion that there are two kinds of pickup drivers. The guy with the shiny new RAM that tailgates you until he can pass. Then we have the other that drive 5-10 under the speed limit on the staight, come to a turn, forget it. These are usually older models but not always. And size doesn't matter. Then we have all of the others, too numerous to mention.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xoBblne8WFGypp0jizs13o9weOnPifTiK05S45ImzLL29QfFeLfsXTQN1Y7cNvVP