porschenut
porschenut Dork
2/22/24 7:48 a.m.

Son called at 6 AM today from work his ATT I phone won't work.  Asked me if I knew of any issues.  All looked good, then saw on the news that a cell network outage happened at 5AM today.  Anyone else out there having issues?  Hopefully you didn't get a call at 6AM waking you up!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
2/22/24 7:54 a.m.

I did, a coworker in Knoxville did, Tim's in Alabama and he did, too. I posted this news item earlier: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/numerous-us-cellphone-providers-experiencing-outages-downdector/

ATT seems most affected. Outages are nationwide.

Margie

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
2/22/24 8:55 a.m.

My brother just called from Houston, clear as a bell

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/22/24 9:00 a.m.

i texted a coworker at 8AM, it didn't go through.  I got to work at 8:30 and said "you can disregard my text" and he's like "what text".  it shows sent on my phone, never received on his.

Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick Reader
2/22/24 9:26 a.m.

I'm in the Tesla this morning, and was all pissed off because it had no connection (it uses AT&T).  I was thinking I was due for another Tesla service visit; I just had the MCU replaced a few months ago. 

I'm relieved to know the car's probably ok.  😀

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
2/22/24 10:16 a.m.

Maybe?

My phone won't connect to the network. Tunawife and I are both on Consumer Cellular. She can connect fine. I can't tell if it's me or them because their call center is unresponsive.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
2/22/24 2:02 p.m.

Yes, it was the outage. My phone works normally-ish now

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/22/24 3:23 p.m.

Never noticed a thing.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/22/24 4:23 p.m.

I wouldn't normally notice.  I know I've gotten a few texts today.  Haven't sent any yet.  Email is working.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/22/24 4:39 p.m.

AT&T here on the MS Gulf Coast seemed unaffected, but a co-worker in Batton Rogue was still without service as of an hour or so ago. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
2/24/24 8:56 p.m.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/26/24 1:01 p.m.

I guess we got five bucks back for being out all morning. Can't wait to buy 3/4 of a nice coffee with my refund.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/26/24 2:38 p.m.

Wait, I only got the first part of that message!

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
2/26/24 2:52 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

A bunch of my friends said the same thing.  The 1st one was Friday at 8:52pm and the 2nd one was Saturday at 8:52pm, thought it was funny they were exactly 24hrs apart.

David S. Wallens
2/26/24 3:37 p.m.

I want my $5.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
2/26/24 3:45 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

David S. Wallens
2/26/24 4:20 p.m.

Didn’t ask for a dime.