1 2 3
fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/17/13 4:32 p.m.

Not the Brass Pole btw...

The Daytoner 500 pole

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2013-02-17/daytona-500-2013-danica-patrick-pole-qualifying-speed-lineup?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D271687

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Danica Patrick took a major step toward establishing credibility as a NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Sunday and made history in the progress, winning the pole for the 55th Daytona 500.

Patrick, who will run her first full Sprint Cup schedule this season for Stewart-Haas Racing, won her first career pole by turning a lap of 196.434 mph. She also became the first female driver to claim the top qualifying spot in Sprint Cup history.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
2/17/13 4:39 p.m.

There are so many jokes forming in my mind that I can't decide where to start...

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
2/17/13 4:58 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

Much as I'm happy for her, and hate that she's subject to jokes because of her gender... can't help feeling that you reaps what you sows.

You don't see Katherine Legge posing in her underwear.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
2/17/13 5:01 p.m.

In reply to Lesley:

You have mail.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
2/17/13 5:08 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

She's a beautiful woman - her choice that she capitalized on that. And the downside is that it overshadowed her driving and left her open to criticism. But if she proves that she has the goods - well good for her! I for one am happy for her. But I still think James Hinchcliffe is cuter.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/17/13 5:15 p.m.
Woody wrote: There are so many jokes forming in my mind that I can't decide where to start...

Given Go-Daddys nature of raciness in advertising they oughta get some good mileage outta 'the pole'.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
2/17/13 5:17 p.m.

Will she also be the first woman on the pole (Man, I can't stop the giggling) to crash on lap 3 and blame her crew/other drivers/anyone but herself?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/17/13 5:24 p.m.
Lesley wrote: You reaps what you sows. You don't see Katherine Legge posing in her underwear.

99% of America has no idea who Legge is though. She certainly isn't drowning ride offers either. You could flip that number for the girl driver prancing around in her underwear. She knows how to reap what she sows.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
2/17/13 5:27 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

Yep. You want to capitalize on your sexuality, you gotta be prepared for the innuendo that comes your way. But hell, good for her.

gamby
gamby PowerDork
2/17/13 5:32 p.m.

Not that I'm an expert on her, but I don't think she's an Anna Kournukova situation. I mean, she's had a long A-list pro racing career--much too long for it to have rested solely on her looks.

She'd out-drive anyone on this board...

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
2/17/13 5:35 p.m.

In reply to gamby: Agreed.

2/17/13 5:38 p.m.
Lesley wrote: In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker: Yep. You want to capitalize on your sexuality, you gotta be prepared for the innuendo that comes your way. But hell, good for her.

I've seen a few candid interviews with her where she seems like she has a handle on it and can laugh along with the jokes as long as it keeps her narrow ass in a seat. I can respect that.

...and Katherine might be taking a few pointers afterall...

2/17/13 5:41 p.m.
Lesley wrote: In reply to gamby: Agreed.

I'll put on a revealing swimsuit if I can get a shot at Pro-Am showdown.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
2/17/13 5:42 p.m.
Jerry wrote: Will she also be the first woman on the pole (Man, I can't stop the giggling) to crash on lap 3 and blame her crew/other drivers/anyone but herself?

Or she can blame the people that actually do it, Cole Whitt and Jacques Villenueve are just two people that come to mind from last year.

gamby
gamby PowerDork
2/17/13 5:46 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:

I'm sure you're a great driver, but I'm guessing you aren't good enough for IRL/NASCAR.

If you're a woman (not you, bastomatic) and you look good, you might as well take advantage of some easy publicity and marketing. Money is money.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
2/17/13 5:50 p.m.

if I had the capibility to put you in the Pro-Am.. I would just so you WOULDN"T put ona revealing swimsuit

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
2/17/13 5:58 p.m.

would you wear that revealing swimsuit on howard stern's show and let him throw mayonnaise-covered slices of bologna at your ass in exchange for a shot at a Pro-Am Showdown?

Wally
Wally UltimaDork
2/17/13 6:04 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

I've done it for less, infact it wasn't even on the radio.

Sput
Sput Reader
2/17/13 6:34 p.m.

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
2/17/13 6:41 p.m.

I'm sorry, I can't say I'm overly impressed. Qualifying at Daytona is 99% about the car you're in, not your driving.

I'm not a Danica expert either, but I don't think she's won much wherever she has raced. As stated, she seems to be taking advantage of her good looks and figure. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but to me she hasn't proven anything yet.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
2/17/13 7:13 p.m.
Lesley wrote: But I still think James Hinchcliffe is cuter.

Even I think Hinchville is cuter...

BARNCA
BARNCA Dork
2/17/13 7:22 p.m.

Courtney Force qualified number one this weekend in a car that is about 8 thousand times harder to drive....

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/17/13 7:24 p.m.
BARNCA wrote: Courtney Force qualified number one this weekend in a car that is about 8 thousand times harder to drive....

A-berking-men!!!!

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/17/13 7:32 p.m.

I've heard of NASCAR cars being discribed many things. Easy to drive has never been one of them. They seem to like to do anything except go where you want them to. Especially at 200 mph.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
2/17/13 7:43 p.m.

Frankly, as a relatively old fart, I am amazed at the general perceptions we still hold about women. I think Danica has made huge strides into a male-dominated profession, and has had to overcome far more adversity than any male driver with her level of skill. I hope she kicks their farging arses!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MXDsR4OufAivVmgRgjPU4OlRDMUmIc6GEzJFAlJ7k4IUruWfHSyS2AiAFMmopmrF