1 2 3
Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
3/25/09 9:19 a.m.

Play it out and see where it goes.

Crazy can be good. If she's crazy enough to hit you with a frying pan, she'll screw your brains out too!

Just make sure you wear a rubber.

Shawn

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
3/25/09 9:20 a.m.

Thank god, I put the coffee down before getting to the end, 914, otherwise I'd have it all over everything....

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
3/25/09 9:29 a.m.

I'm curious about women, maturity, and "playing games."

Does there seem to be a coorelation between "playing games" and level of maturity? What I'm guessing is that with a certain level of maturity, they get a bit more direct and less conniving/tricky.

I sure hope so, because I'm entering back into that scene, and emotional games are not tolerable.

Clem

Xceler8x
Xceler8x Dork
3/25/09 9:43 a.m.
ClemSparks wrote: I'm curious about women, maturity, and "playing games." Does there seem to be a coorelation between "playing games" and level of maturity? What I'm guessing is that with a certain level of maturity, they get a bit more direct and less conniving/tricky. I sure hope so, because I'm entering back into that scene, and emotional games are not tolerable.

Depends on the woman. Some grow out of it and some don't. Just like guys who can't get the hang of cleaning up after themselves. Some realize that their mama's are no longer around to run behind them picking up their dirty underpants, others don't.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/25/09 9:47 a.m.

Yeah, I think there's a direct correlation between lack of maturity and games. Though some (many) people never grow up enough to stop being suck human beings.

Your challenge, at a certain age (until 35 or so IMO) is to try to weed out the immature from the basically sucky. Look for other indicators of basic character flaws, examine your own feelings for this girl (which obviously aren't, um, fully developed, or you wouldn't have been so quick to jump on her "invitation"), and decide whether you think it, and she, are going anywhere good.

A good start would probably be to have this conversation with her, not us. And if you can't, then that's an answer, too.

Margie

914Driver
914Driver Dork
3/25/09 9:47 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote:
ClemSparks wrote: I'm curious about women, maturity, and "playing games." Does there seem to be a coorelation between "playing games" and level of maturity? What I'm guessing is that with a certain level of maturity, they get a bit more direct and less conniving/tricky. I sure hope so, because I'm entering back into that scene, and emotional games are not tolerable.
Depends on the woman. Some grow out of it and some don't. Just like guys who can't get the hang of cleaning up after themselves. Some realize that their mama's are no longer around to run behind them picking up their dirty underpants, others don't.

It also delpends on what trailer park they grew up in. Some grow out of it, stand on their own two feet and enjoy life, others never leave regardless of where they reside, enjoy day time TV and calling the cops for nothing.

That's why we date before commiting legally. Ya think she became a nut job AFTER the honeymoon?

All your friends saw it....

Duke
Duke Dork
3/25/09 9:53 a.m.

Also, don't confuse "games" with "hinting". Even a mature woman who isn't playing games at all will think she's being embarrassingly direct when you barely even notice she's hinting, and that's been known to piss them off a time or two.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
3/25/09 9:57 a.m.

914, best story EVER

Audifan, what cars do you deal with to be lucky enough to not have the car play BS games with you?

And this is why "He's just not that in to you" was a good movie, you get to sit back and see the games being played on both sides

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
3/25/09 9:58 a.m.

Yeah, that's been known to happen. Lots of times guys (myself included) won't notice a 'message' until they suddenly get hit between the eyes.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
3/25/09 10:03 a.m.

I've told many a lady "Just tell me exactly what you're trying to say. Don't hint, I won't get it, at least not in a reasonable amount of time." One took me back to my dorm room and undressed upon being told that. Needless to say, I got that hint.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
3/25/09 10:12 a.m.
mistanfo wrote: I've told many a lady "Just tell me exactly what you're trying to say. Don't hint, I won't get it, at least not in a reasonable amount of time." One took me back to my dorm room and undressed upon being told that. Needless to say, I got that hint.

Nice!

I need to adapt some sort of paraphrase of your method there...because I'm honestly that unaware. I've missed more than a few opportunities (not that it would have probably lasted long anyway) because I didn't pick up on the subtle hints.

Clem

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
3/25/09 11:06 a.m.

No kidding! I've missed a few nice opportunities, and the hints weren't even very subtle! Nothing like waking up the next day when it finally hits you and thinking, "Am I berkeleying blind?!?!?"

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
3/25/09 5:29 p.m.

Yep, sounds crazy. Unless she's REALLY good-looking, or likes cars and beer, tell her bye.

midknight
midknight Reader
3/25/09 6:10 p.m.

I took a woman I no longer wanted to see, to see "He's just not that into you." She still didn't get the hint. So I took her to Starbucks afterwards and explained that most of the movie was a metaphor of our relationship. I told her as gently as I could that there was no way in hell this was ever going to be a serious relationship leading to a legal commitment.....Ummm....don't breakup near hot coffee. Thankfully there was very little left. Funny thing is she now sees my rejecting her as some sort of indication that I have a backbone, and has called me every day since. Still ain't gonna happen.

92dxman
92dxman Reader
3/25/09 8:11 p.m.

Here is an update: Things were broken off earlier today. I basically said I didn't appreciate mixed signals and getting told something with hidden meanings. There were 'trust' issues also (don't ask me about that one). I'm going to finish watching Cool Hand Luke to feel manly. Thanks everyone for their insight and help..!

MikeSVO
MikeSVO New Reader
3/25/09 11:42 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
914Driver wrote: J-Man sounds like the guy that was engaged and his G/F's younger sister would brush up against him a lot. Sometimes bend over and tie her shoe in front of him, he could look down her shirt to the navel. Hmmmm. She called the prospective groom to come over to her house to "look at wedding invitations". He got there, she put him on the couch with a photo album and excused herself. She came back wearing the most provacative get up imaginable! "Listen, I know you're in love with my sister and you'll be faithful once married, but I just want to ... you know, let you see what you're missing." She got up and headed to the bedroom upstairs. With a playful look and a flash of her butt she said "I'll be waiting." Groom gets up and heads to the car. WHEREUPON he surprisingly runs into his future father in law! "Well done son, I see you passed our little test. Lets have a beer." Test hell, thank GOD for keeping condoms in the car!
You do know that is an urban legend don't you?

No, it's a parable. Totally different. Kinda like "hints" and "games".

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/26/09 12:16 a.m.

Wait, isn't this like when a girl says she's fine, but not actually fine at all?

914Driver
914Driver Dork
3/26/09 5:57 a.m.
Girlfriend said: I'm FINE !!

Frikkin Insecure Neurotic and Emotional

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
3/26/09 6:21 a.m.

The WORST things a guy can hear:

[icy voice] 'I'm FINE.'[/icy voice]

'If you don't know why I'm mad, I'm not going to tell you.' But WE are supposed to have trouble communicating?

And the absolute WORST: 'We have to talk.' Translation: 'You are going to sit your ass right there while I tell you all the things that are wrong with you and how I expect you to change them if you EVER want sex again.'

audifan
audifan New Reader
3/26/09 6:34 a.m.

Neon 4891, Ok bad choice of words cause they certainly do talk back especially when your living is based on keeping them running. BUT compared to women even the worst cars are practically deaf/mutes with a flat head to rest your beer on and no teeth Sorry that was a little blunt but its tru. Whne the cars are running correctly and your balzing down a backroad @ 6 am on a sunday mroning thru some nice sweeping slightly banked corner and you can feel the suspension working well etc.. Tell me is there a better feeling than that? Not for me. except for when I come home and my little daughter is so excited that I am home

Colin

nocarbud
nocarbud New Reader
3/26/09 7:41 a.m.
Jensenman wrote: Yeah, that's been known to happen. Lots of times guys (myself included) won't notice a 'message' until they suddenly get hit between the eyes.

That was me last week... my not so subtle hint however was, "its not what I want. Here's the ring back, Thanks for the past 6 years. By the way, we're selling the house... or you can buy me out."

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
3/26/09 8:02 a.m.
Jensenman wrote: 'If you don't know why I'm mad, I'm not going to tell you.' But WE are supposed to have trouble communicating?

Oh man, don't get me started. I get that one all the time, and nothing boils my blood faster! For some reason, it isn't well received when I respond with "And I'm the one with communication problems. Riiiigghhtt."

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
3/26/09 8:14 a.m.

Wow, sorry to hear that nocarbud. Good luck with it.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
3/26/09 8:32 a.m.
nocarbud wrote:
Jensenman wrote: Yeah, that's been known to happen. Lots of times guys (myself included) won't notice a 'message' until they suddenly get hit between the eyes.
That was me last week... my not so subtle hint however was, "its not what I want. Here's the ring back, Thanks for the past 6 years. By the way, we're selling the house... or you can buy me out."

Ouch.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
3/26/09 8:48 a.m.

My favorite is -
(me) What's wrong?
(her) Nothing.
(me) Why are you upset?
(her) I'm NOT upset.
(me) Okay, I'll be out in the garage.
Then she's really pissed.

1 2 3