1 2 3
fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
3/26/09 9:36 a.m.

Nickel, yeah I've done that.

Later after she calms down, I can explain (again) what she said and what it means in the real world.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
3/26/09 10:13 a.m.
nickel_dime wrote: (me) What's wrong? Translation: what's wrong, you look upset. (her) Nothing. Translation: everything (me) Why are you upset? Translation: what's wrong, you look mad. am I in trouble (again)? (her) I'm NOT upset. Translation: I'm pissed off at you.. (me) Okay, I'll be out in the garage. Translation: I'm going to hide in the garage with a cold one until this blows over
Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
3/26/09 11:32 a.m.
Jensenman wrote: The WORST things a guy can hear: [icy voice] 'I'm FINE.'[/icy voice] 'If you don't know why I'm mad, I'm not going to tell you.' But WE are supposed to have trouble communicating? And the absolute WORST: 'We have to talk.' Translation: 'You are going to sit your ass right there while I tell you all the things that are wrong with you and how I expect you to change them if you EVER want sex again.'

I disagree... the worst words a guy can hear... you ask her a question and the answer is:

"If you want..."

Translation: Regardless of what you do next, you're screwed...

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
3/26/09 11:35 a.m.
nickel_dime wrote: My favorite is - (me) What's wrong? Translation: you seem upset and even though I am an absolute caveman I can see that maybe there's something you need to get off your chest. It's me trying to do that communication thing I always hear about. (her) Nothing. Translation: I am thinking of something which pisses me off. I am angry and when angry I generally do the opposite of what I should do, which is get it off my chest. It may not even involve you but you are the nearest target so put on your armor. (me) Why are you upset? Translation: Back to the first question I asked, I'm a bumbling fool etc but I'm really trying to do something. Since there's no roadmap for this, I am feeling my way in the dark. I am now pretty sure I will regret this soon, too. (her) I'm NOT upset. Translation: Yes I AM upset and pissed off. Since you cannot read my mind to divine what's bugging me, this pisses me off even more and it means I'm not going to tell you. You better figure this out fast, Buster. (me) Okay, I'll be out in the garage. Translation: I've asked twice, she's given me the same answer both times. From previous experience, this is gonna turn into a full blown fight and I am not up to this. So I'm gonna go hide in my 'hurricane room' with a cold one until this blows over. Plus, the valve cover looked like it was leaking a little. Then she's really pissed. Translation: Then she's really pissed.
Toyman01
Toyman01 Reader
3/26/09 11:44 a.m.

The Dictionary, suprising how true it is in some cases. Should be required reading before dating or marrying anyone.

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jonc/classic/woman_dict.html

EvanB
EvanB Reader
3/26/09 12:03 p.m.

Funny that the female dictionary is on the berkeley site...

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
3/26/09 12:12 p.m.

The berkeley site?

EvanB
EvanB Reader
3/26/09 12:21 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: The Dictionary, suprising how true it is in some cases. Should be required reading before dating or marrying anyone. http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jonc/classic/woman_dict.html

berkeley.edu

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
3/26/09 12:22 p.m.

I know... i'm just finding it amusing on another level.

EvanB
EvanB Reader
3/26/09 12:30 p.m.

Haha it is amusing on several levels

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/26/09 9:52 p.m.

berkley.edu is NOT the site name I was originally thinking off. He he.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qEYl8AxJzbFge2uvMV3GAwue2MRWJ2PFTgYM5jzWmRXPegQMoqkFNUkDhVykNVkZ