1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
5/15/24 3:07 p.m.

I can't believe that I have to wait until Friday (possibly Monday!  Oh!  The humanity!) for a stinkin' gasket for the once-ubiquitous GM TH350.  I can't believe that FLAPS don't have these things hanging on a wall by the dozens.  I can't believe that Amazon freaking dot com can't get me one in less than a week!  Arrrghh!  We have truly lost our way.

Feeling very old and grumpy right now.  Get off my lawn!!!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/15/24 3:32 p.m.

I needed an AC Delco oil filter to fit a fussy owners 75 Corvette..  which uses the same filter used by ever Chevrolet V8 from 1955(with the updated adapter for spin on filter) to 1986, and the local GM parts department had to look up the number.  And had one filter in the building.

Old.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/15/24 3:35 p.m.

The TH350 has been out of production for what, 40 years now?  Time does march on.

iansane
iansane SuperDork
5/15/24 4:03 p.m.

Just a pan gasket? I would have pulled the gasket out of the filter kit, sold that to you so you could get your E36 M3 done and ordered a replacement.

Parts people these days...

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/15/24 4:17 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

56. The small block in 55 didn't have a filter cheeky

Old? I just had to use a magnifying glass to read the label on my arthritis medication.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/15/24 4:19 p.m.

How about your get a trsnmsssion with more than three gears..... you dinosaur    devil

zf8 the things  

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/1970078-zf8hp-transmission-swap.html

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
5/15/24 4:28 p.m.

The local parts stores are hit or miss with the stuff for my now-45 year old project vehicles, but we have an Autozone "Hub Store" somewhat nearby. A Hub Store is basically a warehouse that has a storefront, and they are the ones the other stores get their specialty parts from, so I usually will just order my stuff from there online and take the ride. They usually have all the formerly common stuff (like trans kits for TH350's and TF727's) in stock. I worked at that store 20 years ago when they made it a Hub Store. I am not sure if that's common knowledge or if others have one of those nearby, but it's really convenient when I need something for an older car fast. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/15/24 4:32 p.m.

I was just telling my kids the wonders of the Powerglide on the weekend. 60MPH in first gear!

I probably have a TH350 pan gasket in my gasket drawer. I know I have pile of small block gaskets, and probably a rebuild kit for a Pony motor/4G33

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
5/15/24 4:40 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

How about your get a trsnmsssion with more than three gears..... you dinosaur    devil

zf8 the things  

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/1970078-zf8hp-transmission-swap.html

8 speeds?  No, no, that's just silly.  Transmission selector lever has positions for  P R N D 2 1.  I can't even imagine P R N D 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic SuperDork
5/15/24 4:47 p.m.

The first thing to go with old age is PATIENCE.

Shadeux
Shadeux SuperDork
5/15/24 4:53 p.m.

Yes, that's shocking, but understandable. On the other hand, just make one. Or is that too old as well? Print one?

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/15/24 9:39 p.m.

You're old. Treat yourself to something nice. (They make them for TH350s too)

Lubelocker made in USA pan gaskets.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cKIxiGcod7JiNh4btXjOCKe5GFaCt5FoRWJEhJFc4c0qEyguT3zKdzf2ilYwC11K