914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/16/23 8:28 a.m.

NMNA - $500.  4 X 32 ft.!

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
3/16/23 8:39 a.m.

I don't have Facebook on my work desktop.  Please let that be far away from Ohio.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/16/23 9:12 a.m.

Located in Edison, NJ.

HUGE TOMY HO 4 LANE TRACK FOR SALE.

Track fitted to a 32 foot long by 4 foot long sturdy, wood platform supported by wood horses. Platform consists of (4) 8' x 4' wood boards, with side panels. Platform, side panels and support horses included in price. Layout features two ~32' long straightaways, banked turn, overpass, and challenging road course infield section. Layout inlayed with stained wood, flush with track surface. Wired with power taps and phototransistor lap counting, which uses Race Coordinator software (computer NOT supplied). Track located in Edison, NJ, buyer must pick up. Will assist with disassembly, buyer must bring containers to place track sections in. Track started as a 16' x 4' platform, so if space is an issue, you can set up as 16' x 4' and keep remaining track, or sell. Last picture shows the original 16' x 4' layout, which you can make if space is an issue.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
3/17/23 4:12 a.m.

That seems crazy cheap. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/17/23 10:08 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Probably because limited audience and a bitch to move? I'd love it but also have nowhere to put it. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
3/17/23 2:14 p.m.

It is crazy cheap. If it was up here I'd know at least 4 serious buyers. 

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
3/20/23 5:55 p.m.

Scary thing is, I DO have room for it in my mancave/shop. Good thing I'm in Texas.   

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/21/23 9:45 p.m.

I took my daughter to a real slot car facility this past weekend.  We have a small 1/32nd track but racing on big wood with 1/24 cars is a whole lotta fun.... now sadly I'm going to have to buy some 1/24 cars and take her once a month or so it seems. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/22/23 1:01 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Still cheaper than R/C. God help you if she discovers that.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/22/23 1:41 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Still cheaper than R/C. God help you if she discovers that.

Too late.  I have all the hobbies....  there is a reasonI have a custom planes, trains and automobiles sign.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/22/23 3:42 a.m.

I feel ya. Way too many on my plate as well.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/22/23 7:50 a.m.

That definitely looks cool and not far from me.  But alas, I also have no space for a track of those dimensions.  Pretty sure that is more than $500 worth of track alone.  I forwarded the ad to a friend who is into the NJ slot car community. He might know the seller.

Edit: Yep - he knows the seller and apparently I've raced with him a few times in the past.  He has been trying to sell it for a while but it's too big for most folks.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sskRyvu9x4Uj4ZSMQBBsBeVuNC3gZxy6ctQgGQDM9dah0yAFMJtJHKUHFGceLMIN