surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
9/6/23 2:28 p.m.

As the title implies, im looking for the 6 speed manual from an 05-? frontier. they spanned many years with the same cd009 6 speed manual. maybe 2015? Not sure. but that run. Looking for one from a 4x4 truck with the transfer case preferably. 

The plan for this is to replace the 4l60 in my Now boosted trailblazer 4200 with it. Then have a 4wd 6 speed manual turbo atlas traiblazer. the poor mans trackhawk. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/6/23 2:43 p.m.

does that all bolt together?  or will you need an adapter or custom bellhousing between engine and trans?

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
9/6/23 3:55 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

You can run an AR5 bell housing with the emtech adapter between the bell housing and the trans. then use the emtech flywheel and a specific clutch (i dont remember which one) and that will get you the trans mated to the motor.

as for the transfer case, i was just going to figure that out as i went. i believe an NP241 would bolt up and then i could just modify the driveshafts as necessary. but i dont see why i cant just make the frontier transfer work with the gm control switch. 

iansane
iansane Dork
9/6/23 4:17 p.m.

This piqued my curiosity but emtech's website is utter garbage and almost unusable.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon SuperDork
9/6/23 4:40 p.m.

Who are you thinking of using for the adapter plate and clutch?

You can broaden your search to Xterras too.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/6/23 5:40 p.m.

6 speed and 4x4 is going to be hard to find.  I have already decided that if i see one pop up on lkq junkyard,  i have to go get it for my 2003 pathfinder. 

the transfer case on the older trucks was great, the TX10a i think it was. I never heard of anyone breaking one. I think the transfer case remained strong, but the front axle housing went to aluminum and they will crack open if you are having too much fun. 

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
9/6/23 6:04 p.m.

I am no help on the frontier parts, but if you head down the 241 route, the 242 bolts in the same spot and gives a AWD high range option in addition to 4wd high range and the regular low range options.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/6/23 7:23 p.m.

Car-part.com has many listed around the country.  

In Georgia there is a 2007 trans w/83k on it for $550.  Transfer case from the same for $300.  I find JYs to be pretty negotiable if buying multiple parts.  I'd offer $700 for the combo.  

https://bandwsalvage.com/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TIgWZfPBewnKp4GMFsvMti6GPXxgcPwj5nOWUkIqvyzPyXLrAdUqaFa1yK4fDKmi