Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/6/19 11:47 a.m.

Reading service body with 3 doors per side, and lumber rack. All thr doors open and close, no keys. No rust or damage.

Papa james thinks its worth a grand, but best offer will make it go away. 

Located outside Charlotte nc 

Was on an early-mid 90s f250 longbed single rear wheel before.

I had planned to use it for a bagged service body build, but im more likely to be president than ever do it.

Dusterbd13-michael
4/6/19 11:48 a.m.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
4/6/19 12:03 p.m.

Things heard only on GRM:

” ... bagged service body build ... ”

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/6/19 12:41 p.m.

I've also considered a service bodybuild, but but I want to do is on a cutaway Van. I wonder what sort of wheelbase I would end up with with this body. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/6/19 12:53 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Dallas has a tape measure if you need measurement ....

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/6/19 1:02 p.m.

The plan would be to use something like this. In all honesty, it's a bad plan. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/6/19 1:14 p.m.

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it 

Or put it on the back of the coe.....

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
4/6/19 1:16 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael
4/6/19 1:19 p.m.

Honestly stampie Studebaker truck and frame was going to be what was used with this service body. Probably powered buy a Mopar small block with bags and a 2 link

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
4/6/19 1:27 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Things heard only on GRM:

” ... bagged service body build ... ”

Well, not so much.

I have a FB group where we have discussed this quite a bit.  One of my friends near has a vintage utility bed for dirty cheap, and it makes me thinking nad thoughts again...

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
4/6/19 1:37 p.m.

I've always wanted to build an offroad adventure camp trailer with a rooftop tent (with A/C) to pull behind my Bronco, based on a service body with a ladder rack.  ARB awning and slide out kitchen setup, place for lawn chairs and other gear, solar, 6 to 8 batteries, fresh water, propane..........

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
4/6/19 2:04 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Honestly stampie Studebaker truck and frame was going to be what was used with this service body. Probably powered buy a Mopar small block with bags and a 2 link

Studebaker went to it's next owner today but he didn't want the frame. Then as I'm taking a shower I think hmmm, I have the frame, and a RX7 from the firewall back, add LS and 8.8 rearend for Challenge glory. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/6/19 3:28 p.m.

I've owned about a dozen service body trucks.

Service bodies are stupid expensive new.  They are almost worthless used.

They are also ridiculously heavy.

Dusterbd13-michael
4/6/19 5:29 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Pretty much what i thought. But, not my service body, not my price. Just trying to help dallas clean out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
1uXoA9Pnsar2U2BMQS0nUuYW42knzvfw0EAGXyW04lQXPEmDbEKlxf6WEFLqdHrB