1 2
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
1/30/14 8:44 p.m.

TORA has announced that they will once again be hosting a 12 Hours of Sebring event on Forza 4 in March. Date/time is still TBA, but it can be assumed that it will be held a week after the real world event.

It is run in 6 two hour stints, with teams of two-four drivers per car, and two classes: LMP and GTE.

My team, [Ax4x] Allied Forces is planning on entering as many GTE Porsches as we can get in the show, all in appropriate TRG colors.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will find you a seat. We have entries that have a good shot at a podium, as well as entries for "Gentlemen drivers" such as myself.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
1/30/14 9:51 p.m.

By the way, don't feel intimidated by the level of competition, as the enduros tend to see everything from total noob to top ten on the FM Leaderboards. Consistency and conservatism is better than single lap pace, just as in real life. Most of all, these tend to be the most fun one can have outside of a race car.

rodmankn3
rodmankn3 New Reader
1/31/14 7:52 a.m.

I'm interestsed

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
1/31/14 12:35 p.m.

Interested. Highly interested.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/1/14 12:50 p.m.

Lots of new info being released today. Car list/build rules, dates, etc...

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/f405-2014-msa-tora-12-hours-of-sebring

ErebusV8
ErebusV8 New Reader
2/9/14 5:54 a.m.

I'm interested, sign me up, i'd love to run a porsche ;)

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
2/9/14 9:30 p.m.

potentially interested, if I have the time available...

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/11/14 8:40 p.m.

Between Axeman, Rodman and Duke of Understeer, if all three can commit, that would be a full GRM car of double stints. That is if each of you cares to do two 2H stints. I've got Porsche and Ferrari 458 tunes all set to go, if you guys are still interested. Both tunes are capable of 2:03/consistent 2:04 lap times.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
2/11/14 9:52 p.m.

In... I will make time. Sounds like fun.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/12/14 12:22 a.m.

Most fun you will ever have on an X Box.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
2/13/14 12:05 a.m.

If you slap a build on the porsche and ferrari can you post to the TGMR garage so I may borrow???

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/13/14 8:04 p.m.

I am not in TGMR, but I will find a way to get you the tune. What I will likely do is gift a 458 with the proper build/tune over to roadracedart to post in the Team GRM garage.

BTW, one of our Aussie team members has picked up a deal with Australian Ferrari team, 12H of Bathurst winners Maranello Motorsports. This means that we'll be in red 458 Italias instead of blue 911s. Pretty cool having our little virtual racing team linked to a real world race team.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
2/14/14 12:31 p.m.

That is cool. I am very troubled though in that I can only hit 2:10 in the Rissi 458! I hope your build is 7 secs faster.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
2/14/14 3:35 p.m.

Hmmm... my basketball coacing duties will be over, and I'll be looking for something to do.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/14/14 8:06 p.m.

@ axeman: There are team members hitting 2:03s in it, I am not one of those guys though, as I was happy to break the 2:05s today. In my defense, I have only run three ten lap sessions with each tune adjustment as I tweak things.

@ racerfink: I have run with you enough to know that you'd be fast no matter what. 8)

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
2/15/14 11:18 a.m.

Is it with stock parts, or R800 trim? I'm running the R763 Ferrari 458, and just ran a 2:07.238

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/18/14 12:55 a.m.

The Ferrari runs with race driveline and 300/325 tire widths @ 765PI. I run very low/minimum downforce in the GTs at Sebring.

Next time I am on XBL, I plan on sending a Maranello Motorsport liveried car with our quickest tune over to RRD so that he can post it on the TGRM Garage for practice and testing, as well as the tune on its own. I was hoping to do that today, but work happened.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
2/22/14 1:23 p.m.

Mikey any update on this. I am down in 2.10... Still working it.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/24/14 2:33 a.m.

I sent the tuned and painted car to Road Race Dart to put into the TGRM Club Garage, as well as livery and tune, to forward to you guys. I may have forgot to send him a PM explaining why he suddenly has a 458, a livery for a 458, and a tune for it in his FM4 Inbox... if someone could kindly do so, you'll be able to get some laps in it.

2:10s isn't great, but not horrible either. I'm low 2:07s, with the occasional what the heck 2:05.9. I need to work on consistency.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/24/14 4:40 p.m.

Tune and livery has been sent to Axeman, and FR sent to Duke, racerfink and Rodman.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/26/14 8:49 a.m.

I just found out that Entries open on Friday at 5 Eastern/2 Pacific. Seeing as they fill up quick, we'll need Rodman (as he is already a TORA member) to get the entry registered as soon as they open.

And, the rest will need to sign up at theonlineracingassociation.com.

Sorry for the short notice, but this was just announced last night.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/1/14 12:11 a.m.

Actually, entries got postponed a week.

Axeman, Racerfink... to race in this, you'll have to register at TORA. It may be a bit of a hassle, but at least its free.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/5/14 9:16 a.m.

Guys, just a reminder that entries open this Friday at 5P EST. First 40 GTE teams to enter get to race. That may seem like a lot, but it has filled in less than 5 minutes in the past.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
3/5/14 10:10 a.m.

I registered at TORA. What do you need from me... user name?

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/7/14 4:40 p.m.

Need to enter your team, as there is a new rule requiring a driver for each entry to post the entry. I.e. I cannot register an entry for a car I am not driving.

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t12770p40-2014-msa-tora-12-hours-of-sebring-sign-ups-entry-thread#286101

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3SaQ2g8YSCa39hvBmuT9ogzyeuUGOp8X8pv4xma61C9Fh9b0V88x79YTi9D6bq0W