4 5 6 7 8
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
11/23/13 10:33 p.m.
Redline wrote: In order to get this photo, it took some fast work. Photo, upload to Storefront, go online to Forza.net, download photo, get back to xbox and delete from SF before some enema nozzle complained and whined

Been there did that. Had a DTM Audi done in a woodplank wrap, with the title sponsor being "Morning Wood Products". Long story short, someone at T10 needs a sense of humor.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
11/23/13 10:54 p.m.

In reply to Flyin Mikey J:

You win 5 internets

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/24/13 2:02 p.m.

So what time is that run group tonight?

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
11/24/13 2:08 p.m.

I have to bow out...I work Sunday nights, so if there's somebody waiting in the wings, let's 'em in!

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/24/13 2:21 p.m.

I'm going to get on around 8est, start by 9. Probably just run through mock qualifying and rolling starts to get everyone use to it.

DukeOfUndersteer
11/24/13 3:13 p.m.

Eastern time? I'm online now, coming up with my paint schemes. So far, I have "Waffle House", "Pete's Whale Watch Tours", and "Debo's Bike Shop"...

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/24/13 4:42 p.m.

Yep eastern time.

In reply to Redline: I didn't test the cars on really long tracks, but Road Atlanta has a longer straight than any other track we will run so I'm hoping it will all balance out. Basically some cars might favor different tracks but hopefully will be pretty even through the season.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
11/24/13 8:16 p.m.

The Scion Redline put in the garage was pretty decent....just be mindfull of the brakes and what gear your in going into the chicane at Road Atlanta

If I was able to run wit youse guyz, I'd be sticking with my Versa

failboat
failboat SuperDork
11/24/13 8:42 p.m.

as per usual my lag on forza 4 is worse than other games. lag spikes have me punting people and/or having me not able to drive 100% around other drivers, second guessing proximity and passing. I just cant run in a crowd of cars without something happening so ill bow out for the sake of others.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
11/24/13 10:40 p.m.

Have you made sure your NAT setting is open?

failboat
failboat SuperDork
11/24/13 10:43 p.m.

I am on satellite internet. So that's the issue.

DukeOfUndersteer
11/25/13 9:39 a.m.

Very beneficial last night, cars are close. Look forward to running some more this week.

mutant
mutant New Reader
11/25/13 9:45 a.m.

well-i have wanted to run one of the new cars- just for something new-so it seems the ix20 gets my vote...

official entry-

driver -mutantracing1

car- hyundai ix20

number- 171

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
11/25/13 10:43 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Very beneficial last night, cars are close. Look forward to running some more this week.

I'll be fiddling with the various chariots this week. I'll post up here if/when I get on.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/25/13 11:11 a.m.

I really love the Mazda 2 but like driving the ix20 better. Its a hard decision but I already have a livery for the Mazda.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
11/25/13 11:21 a.m.

I might not be able to get online for the race on Sunday, we are traveling for turkey day and will be geting home on Sunday. Not sure what time, ill be on if able otherwise I will forfeit my slot to someone that can. And if that means for the rest of the seariex as well then I understand.

DukeOfUndersteer
11/25/13 11:25 a.m.

I haven't given that much attention to the Hyundai, probably need to.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/25/13 11:31 a.m.

In reply to Lancer007:

It is basically first come first serve. As far as I'm concerned, if there aren't 16 people the first race then just join in on the second race. Also, if we start practice and qualifying but you make it for the race, I'm fine with you starting at the back of the grid. Last time we had a lot of people come and go and a few who stayed pretty consistent so we aren't expecting 100% commitment every weekend from everyone. It's totally understandable if someone doesn't make it one event, I might not even be able to do all of them if something comes up.

Redline
Redline New Reader
11/25/13 1:50 p.m.

Just make sure to give the times and reminders on FB too. You KNOW come hell or highwater I am there!

I'll be making sure I can get the ol XBox up each night and set up a practice B Spec lobby after dinner. Lobby will be set to FWD, D336 - C370(so all B Spec racers fit into the grid), and I'll limit HP once I get the specs wired. Too bad you can't delete Forza Downforce like you can ABS

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
11/25/13 1:52 p.m.
AtticusTurbo27 wrote: In reply to Lancer007: It is basically first come first serve. As far as I'm concerned, if there aren't 16 people the first race then just join in on the second race. Also, if we start practice and qualifying but you make it for the race, I'm fine with you starting at the back of the grid. Last time we had a lot of people come and go and a few who stayed pretty consistent so we aren't expecting 100% commitment every weekend from everyone. It's totally understandable if someone doesn't make it one event, I might not even be able to do all of them if something comes up.

This time of year random family stuff tends to come up so I'm sure race attendance will be as spotty as it usually is

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/25/13 1:52 p.m.

FOR THE FIRST RACE:

Setting up the lobby at 8:00PM EST on Sunday December 1st. Practice will start at 8:40 or as soon as the lobby fills up. Qualifying at 8:50 and the race will start at 9:00PM EST.

Redline
Redline New Reader
11/25/13 4:04 p.m.

I have the specs for a lobby at: HP: 100 - 150 PI: D336 - C370

When I am on, look in user created races, circuit, for Redline 0729, will be titled tgrm B Spec. Any invaders not invited will be booted if they are not 'on the guest list'. As you know, I can send out a blanket tgrm invite. I can also send invites to Atticus, and Lainford...maybe a few others, but as I said, look on the user created circuit for me each night. I'll post on FB if I can't get on

t25torx
t25torx Reader
11/25/13 9:19 p.m.

Okay got the Kia all decked out and some practice laps in on Iberian, I ran a 1.04.9 or something close to that, what kinda times am I gonna have to shoot for on this track so I know how far off pace I am? Oh and I'm waiting till black Friday to renew my Live Gold subscription so I won't be able to practice till then, unfortunately.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/26/13 8:50 a.m.

I personally find it to be a pretty difficult track and probably one of the "exception" tracks where some cars will perform better than others. You basically have to have a perfect turn 1 to have a fast lap. Then hit the next hard left at the top of the hill perfect and then the hairpin before the front straight is critical. If you lose speed in one you will drop several tenths easy. So far I've seen a few mid to high 1:02s. I ran a 1:02.6 in the mazda 2 yesterday but that was after about 45 minutes of practice and only 2 sub 1:03 laps. So for race pace I'm guessing anything mid to low 1:03 will be pretty competitive.

t25torx
t25torx Reader
11/26/13 9:15 a.m.

Damn I'm rusty. Time to break out the practice tires.

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b5w57nguG3odwAh8xcJqJSetpYgzHYzNwKiwAdYIj8pdPickJT8mlvBXmVhVVuMg