6 7 8
Rodan
Rodan UberDork
9/2/24 4:15 p.m.

I was able to turn off the mesh... and yes it's distracting even without VR.

It may just be me, but I'm not really diggin' the physics.  The longitudinal grip seems OK, but lateral grip is more like snow than dirt.  

I think trying to race these in a group will just be a giant crash fest.

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/2/24 5:31 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

You will need to teach me how to do it, I get the feeling it might be as simple as a tick box somewhere but I have no idea how to deal with it.

I honestly have no idea what physics this track should use. I know we had 'dirt' tracks with a mishmash of physics since Assetto was never supposed to have dirt, then various versions of CSP expanded physics patches, then CSP dirt mods for rallying which should offer the best physics.

But from my limited Google Fu all the 'gravel' tire physics need to be redone for CSP, I couldn't figure out which tracks (if any) were redone with CSP physics and we'll all need to be on the same CSP patch with the physics decided server side.

But still, sliding around is fun.

Rodan
Rodan UberDork
9/2/24 6:17 p.m.

In reply to Piguin :

I accessed it the tuning menu in the pits... forget which tab, but there was an option to have it off or on.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/4/24 12:44 p.m.

Tonight we will be testing a bunch of cars.  I plan to do a quick 1-3 lap practice and then jump right into a 3-4 lap race.  I have at least 10 cars pre-set up in servers so hopefully, we can keep the pace and test as many of these as possible.

My intent is not to spend any time trying to adjust the settings of the cars being tested.  I want to get cars that are fun out of the box so those that don't want to do tuning don't have to and those that do hopefully will share their tune.

Another change I want to try in the upcoming season is how the HC is applied.  I want to try the system that is used in the SuperGT series where for every point you get in the championship you get 2kg of HC.  HC is never taken away from a car.  Like your season points once you have them they are permanent.  I think this will work better.  It will pull the cars closer together faster and keep the parity through the course of the season better.  

See you all tonight.

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/4/24 6:23 p.m.

This is an interesting list of E36 M3boxes if we decide to have SLOW races.

https://www.reddit.com/r/assettocorsa/comments/1exol2p/11_free_stboxes_you_should_nay_you_must_try/

Spec 2CV anyone?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/6/24 12:24 p.m.

Another potential future test car.  Supposed to be a well modeled car.  Very light weight.  Never heard of it, but its the Jidé 1600.  It seems to be similar to the A110.

...motivation comes from a 1.6 liter Renault Gordini four cylinder, another similarity to its competition from Alpine. Said to weigh only 640 kg with a height of roughly one meter, it’s small enough that the 140 HP or so on tap should me more than ample to throw it down the road with no shortage of speed...

It seems to have potential as a very good small track car

https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/jid%C3%A9-1600-s.70963/

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/6/24 5:36 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

This seems like it would be fun if the physics on it are normal. Also, if they are, the tires might be of interest to a certain MiataBusa that is currently being developed.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/10/24 4:56 p.m.

As a reminder, we do have access to the full set of these cars.  This is yet another (new) race.

Do note how loose most of these cars seem to be setup.  The green Mini at the start seems to desperately want to go into oversteer.  They have a camera in the Galaxy, and he is doing a lot of work in there!  I am suspicious the steering in the Galexy may be connected to the wheels with rubberbands...

Yes, we have run them before.

Rodan
Rodan UberDork
9/10/24 5:24 p.m.

And we ran them at Goodwood! 

I was watching the race where the Galaxy went 29th to 3rd... yes, he's very busy!  

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/10/24 5:41 p.m.

Maybe it is time for a return to the roots.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/11/24 10:48 a.m.

I am in for this!!!  

Testing tonight hopefully the final session.

I really enjoyed the TCL series.

I was going to look back at some of the suggestions in this thread and test some of them.  Like the Spirit R RX7

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/11/24 10:51 a.m.

I am still wanting to do the singer porsches.  I REALLY like how those drive.

OR

We further edit the Fiero and make it faster and better. . .. .    A Hyabossa re power with a better trans. . . . ..   Some sticker tires???   ;-) 

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 Reader
9/11/24 11:06 a.m.

I am in for a goodwood series, I love watching those races.  The driver of the Galaxy was on one!  

Rodan
Rodan UberDork
9/11/24 11:21 a.m.

Since we did the TC Legends pretty recently, how 'bout going back to the AC Legends?

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/11/24 3:18 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Since I happened to be reading about that series yesterday night, I'm all in for something like that.

We should at least try the singers though.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/12/24 12:22 a.m.

The server is up with the 3.8 Singer.  In typical British tradition it is an overcast day on the server.  Silverstone at its best!!!   LOL

The new series will be with the Singer 911 it is up in the testing cars folder.  

We can run it for 4-5 races and see if we want to carry it out to the full 8-10.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/12/24 12:23 a.m.

1991 Porsche 964 “Reimagined by Singer” - Sports Car Market

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/12/24 1:14 p.m.

I also put the updated Grand Valley Speedway in the Season 16 Tracks folder.   It has a long and short course and each can be run in either direction.  With this course, in the standard direction (clockwise), you WILL learn how to brake a rear-engined car into a curve!

6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iB2heJLDtSlsQojqNYftOFFUooqlEoyl7OoacBHeT6uIdKgBMUtBxMnM6FrWfcOK