Cloud9...68
Cloud9...68 New Reader
1/17/21 3:50 p.m.

I've finally finished the hardware and wiring aspects of my sim, which uses all Fanatec components, including a DD1 direct drive wheel.  I plan to start racing (for real) in an arrive-and-drive series at Atlanta Motorsports Park driving Radical SR1's later this spring, starting with a 3-day race school on March 18-20 that I have to complete before participating in the series.  I would dearly love to get my sim up and running asap to help me learn the track, and actually get as proficient as possible on it virtually before heading off to the school in March.  AMP is only available in rFactor2.  I've purchased and downloaded rFactor2, but am at a loss as to what I have to do to get it up and running, and I haven't found a video that's entry-level enough to be of any help.    It is impossible to overstate what an absolute newbie I am at this stuff - I've never even played a video game in my entire life - so I'm looking for the most basic imaginable step-by-step guide in the form of a video, document, etc. to walk me through the steps from opening up rFactor2 to actually running an SR1 (or the closest equivalent) virtually at AMP.   Or I'd gladly pay someone to walk me through the process via remote access to my PC.  I've posted my cry for help on a couple of the Fanatec forums (which we very helpful answering my endless imbecilic questions about the hardware setup, wiring, firmware, drivers, calibrations, etc.), as well as on the rFactor forum.  Is there anybody here who's familiar with rFactor who could help get me up and running?  Thanks.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/17/21 6:49 p.m.

I don't know rFactor or Fanatec, but I know there are a few here with Fanatec on PC experience, not sure about rFactor though.  I suspect it's mostly just installing and figuring out the settings/ preferences (which seems to be the big deal with PC sims).

Have you looked for YouTube videos about getting up and running?  It looks like there are some up there:  https://youtu.be/opIPyFhttwo

I could help you a bit with Assetto Corsa if you went that way.  AMP is available for AC BTW.  There a few tracks that aren't available for AC.

http://assettomods.com/atlanta-motorsports-park-reboot-project/

Cloud9...68
Cloud9...68 New Reader
1/18/21 6:37 p.m.

Hmmm... The guys at Primal Racing (who run the arrive-and-drive series I plan to drive in) told me AMP was only available in rFactor2.  Oh, well - I found a forum dedicated to rFactor2, where a guy very kindly walked me step-by-step through what I need to do to get rFactor up and running.  This was a godsend, because I never in a million years would have figured it out on my own, because it turns out rFactor2 is evolving pretty rapidly, making the "getting started with rFactor2" videos that are available obsolete.  So I think I'm good to go - I hope to do my maiden run tonight.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/18/21 9:38 p.m.

Cool.  Yeah, since AC has a lot of user made content I suspect someone "borrowed" the track from rFactor.

Have fun, and as I tell most people who start sim racing, it's best to drive the car at 7/10 th or so to start.  Driving on the edge is a sim is WAY harder than real life (no motion feedback).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cLzZ2TNX82HlLElRzgm1mN9uQuvj774c06FhSwdLDKG2m9sclBdr7WOOIUQKdCFd