2 3 4
yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
2/24/14 9:45 a.m.

In reply to Flyin Mikey J:

Nah, there used to be a person who would stab the brakes to prevent someone with a run from passing them on the inside coming out of 10b. IIRC, they were running some type of straight line build that handled like a drunken walrus.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/24/14 4:52 p.m.

I've got a 79 Z/28 that works like that.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
2/25/14 8:11 p.m.

Friedgreencorrado and I were bombing around Road Atlanta last night and I seem to finally be driving my CR-Z build more to its potential.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
2/28/14 12:32 a.m.

I built me a couple Hondas based off NAFFCar tunes, and I have found a whole new respect for FWD cars.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
3/1/14 1:29 a.m.

In reply to Flyin Mikey J:

I can't knock them, in FM3 I had some very very good fwd lobby tunes. I have some decent ones this time around, but FM4 is ruled by torque output.....which can handicap some fwd. My best fwd setups in this game happen to be full on handling/momentum builds.

There is a player who used to be in the HRC club named Jody, who could tune fwd civics that would destroy the "leaderboard" rwd swap civic tunes. He raced fwd's exclusively from F all the way to R3.

Fobroader
Fobroader New Reader
3/6/14 11:59 a.m.

Id love to join in on this, but I do not have Xbox live. I dont play it enough during the year to make it worth it...... Around the 400 class, Ive found the Silvyas and Focus' to be highly effective.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
5/18/14 10:57 a.m.

Not wanting to step on any toes, but I am toying with the idea of taking this set of rules and running a series with it. I had planned on starting up a race league, then between work and TORA got sidetracked for a couple months... but it seems that the time is right to do something.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
5/19/14 1:33 a.m.
Flyin Mikey J wrote: Not wanting to step on any toes, but I am toying with the idea of taking this set of rules and running a series with it.

Mikey, do it if you can make it happen. I'm settling into a new job, I'm not off weekends, and I've got other RL stuff going on as well (so I'm not giving it much attention right now). You wouldn't be "stepping on my toes" as much as you would be "standing on my shoulders". And I'm cool with that. Hell, I threw the rules together in 10min 'on a lark' one night a couple of years ago..I'm pretty stoked that so many people dig it.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
6/13/14 7:38 p.m.

Got the replays, but ran out of time before posting them up on my storefront. I bet some of my teammates did get some race replays posted though.

This was the first try with these cars for most of the Ax4x guys, and we ended up with a lobby that was equal parts American and British, with an Aussie and a pair of Germans thrown in for good measure. At the end of the day, everyone was saying "We gotta do this more often"... another "fun meet" or two and we'll get a series going shortly thereafter.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
6/20/14 12:27 p.m.

We'll be hosting a few races for these this afternoon, 12N-2P Pacific time (which is prime time in Britain) Its a teammates last hurrah on Forza 4 before he goes offline for the last time.

If you are on and want to race, send me an XBL PM and you'll get an invite.

XBL Tag: Flyin Mikey J

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
8/1/14 12:33 a.m.

Ax4x is again hosting a batch of semicasual GRM-style races for Improved Touring cars at Noon PDT/3P EDT this Friday, August 1.

All you need to do to join is show up with a car that fits the build rules.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
10/21/14 9:35 a.m.

I hope that you don't mind me taking this concept to the next level... TORA.

Last night I got a bit bored, and wanted to see how many cars I had built to these specs: 50. Then I got to thinking, how many cars I could build to spec, and w/o some key DLC packs, I ended up with 90 of these little monsters.

One rule I am adding: one entry per car. This will ensure a huge variety on every grid.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
10/23/14 9:16 a.m.

^ Yeah it does.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
10/24/14 8:01 a.m.

They will never change that.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
11/21/14 11:00 a.m.

I've found some great pace from the MX5 Superlite... not sure how I came across it, but it's somehow quicker than my Hondas and Toyotas?

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n5AkUBcP4sCKLvmxZifnfqqu7GRj5nvZhENWRJvcEJH11WlIu9tOsZn3T8WMc71J