ApexEight
ApexEight
10/19/18 12:01 a.m.

2001 Integra LS.

Any issue with running a 200TW tires up front and all-seasons out back?

Same with brake pads: Hawk HPS 5.0 up front, OEM-replacement out back.

Not a racecar; everything else on the car would be virtually stock.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
10/19/18 5:18 a.m.

In reply to ApexEight :

That depends on your definition of "issue".

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
10/19/18 5:32 a.m.

how are you planning to use this car/setup?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/19/18 6:25 a.m.

Why? What is your rationale behind it?

I don't see anything dangerous, but i don't see anything beneficial either 

ApexEight
ApexEight New Reader
10/19/18 8:02 a.m.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Wondering about this from a safety standpoint, for both car and driver, as well as potential performance benefit.

Car is a daily driver first, but will see just-for-fun autocross use, and to get first-time track day experience. Really just want to use this car to become a better driver and gain some good experience of driving at/near the limit, in safe environments.

Rationale is to keep costs as low, so I can get as much seat time as possible! Adds grip and brakes where the car needs it the most? Tires and brakes just seem like the most logical first "mods".

Doesn't seem like the rear pads and rear tires do much on this car. The rear pads aren't junk, just not performance-oriented. Same goes for the Michelins out back. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
10/19/18 8:28 a.m.

the brakes are fine, that's probably a good initial setup for what you're describing.

yes, you probably could get away with the tires you're talking about... but from an "education" perspective, you'd probably be better served with 4 fresh 280 or higher "max performance" tires on all four corners.  that you have consistent handling, and you can swap them front-rear and get more life out of them.

the Datsaniti did challenge on some Riken for ~$80/tire and did very well on the autocross.  I'd look into those to begin with.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
11/4/18 11:00 a.m.

I want to watch the first time you go into a fast corner with the tires you're proposing. I doubt very much that you'll be able to keep the rear tires behind the fronts. The brake pads won't be an issue.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ACDYMbtFO8vjDNgalm0khUov4EXutUV2AVuQdc9AcfHWLcgDfaAJNX4pHo518VT5