1 2 3
bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
3/16/24 9:17 p.m.

Well caught traction and made the curve and finally got my way to green river and was in the clean. 

Luckily, CO was much better.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
3/16/24 9:22 p.m.

So had a lot of fun cruising across I-70. Loving the evo as a road tripper. Much better than expected. The miles just melted away. I was not even paying attention and almost ran out of gas coming into Copper Mountain. I look down and oh crap the gas light is on.

Well I paid for it with 5.29 a gallon gas. Filled up and cruised into denver and meet with some friends for a walk. Now just about to sit down with a different group of friends for dinner. 

Tomorrow is 7.5 hours of boringness across nebraska and eastern co. Will leave early and get home mid afternoon tomorrow.

nsxmr2elises2000
nsxmr2elises2000 PowerDork
3/16/24 9:24 p.m.

beautiful pics my friend 

loving the journey

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/17/24 1:36 a.m.

I have also been surprised by those I5-I70 passes in UT. You think you're fine and all of a sudden there's snow everywhere. I was in the M5, not a great winter car on performance tires. Glad you made it through clean! You'll have to come back for Hwy 12. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
3/17/24 7:44 p.m.

Back in Nebraska today. Outside of the mega winds it was a pretty tame drive. The car cruises nicely at 85 all day long. 

It's now back home with it's turbo 4 awd 6 speed cousin. Good to be back home. Will write up thoughts later.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
3/17/24 7:49 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

The car cruises nicely at 85 all day long. 

Referencing the guy with the Camaro in Germany thread and me pointing out the speed the VW was doing on the Autobahn I bet your car can cruise comfortably all day doing 125mph.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
3/17/24 8:52 p.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

Oh I am sure of it. 100 felt just fine when I was with no one around.

I mean I would cruise 220 kph in a vw passat over there. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
3/17/24 9:35 p.m.

My first thought after a few miles was why did I wait 18 years to buy one?? This really is a great car for me. It is something that I truly enjoyed driving back. It's a keeper for sure. I have really the best fleet possible. The best AWD Mitsubishi and the best FWD Mitsubishi IMHO. Then a fun ass miata and the DD VW. 

There are a few needs that I'm going to address. It's nothing bad. I am not a fan of the brakes the original owner put on it. So already on order is a new set of Project MU street pads and OEM rotors to replace the cross drilled rotors. Next thing will be to replace the tires as I hate the tires on there. I have both Continental ECS and Bridgestone RE-71 in the right size in the basement so I'll figure out which ones to mount. There is a little bit of a rough idle so I'm going to run it through the Evoscan and do some data logging to see what is going on. I love the evoscan ability to really see everything that the car is doing for cheap ($20) 

The final thing is the suspension. I didn't like how the rear felt. The struts are all original so probably need a refresh and will do those in the rear for now. 

All I can say is I'm so glad to have this car in my possession. I can't think of a better summer fun car. My GF loved it. It's a keeper. I was thinking about it last night, I haven't seen one on the road in a long time. 

nsxmr2elises2000
nsxmr2elises2000 PowerDork
3/18/24 1:27 a.m.

Great read! With re 71 will be amazing 

once you have pads and tires - i cant even fathom the level it will be at 

glad the woman liked it

take care of her (the evo)

see you again 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TnvRZWdPrL26xFMLNgA72JVjvRS1UcyEdCbM1kgE98agr0FwMqzoHwvGeo2mt4uq