Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/13/24 3:04 p.m.

The values are falling and I've see. Reports of them showing up at auctions as no one wants them and they sit on dealer lots too long. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
6/13/24 3:15 p.m.

Guy who somehow profits off of making bad automotive choices getting a Cybertruck, and then it being unsellable and potentially worthless, just seems like a plot that is too obvious from the start.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
6/13/24 3:26 p.m.

Who, or what, is a "Hoovie"?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/13/24 3:32 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Who, or what, is a "Hoovie"?

Automotive internet personality, whose content is interesting but may have the most unsettling speaking cadence in human history. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
6/13/24 4:29 p.m.

I'm not sure his vlogs are good or bad or if he's real or not.  Some I can admit I've enjoyed watching.

He seems to get ripped off a lot or is this the norm in the car business?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
6/13/24 5:06 p.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

Well, some of his shtick is buying the cheapest example of a specific vehicle, and that seems to have backfired spectacularly a few times recently.

OTOH, if you assume that the exaggeration for dramatic effect is reasonable, one could get the impression that sellers - including on various auction sites - didn't seem to have got spectacularly more honest recently.

I haven't watched the video (yet), but don't these have a clause in the purchase contract that is supposed to prevent the owner from selling them for a year or so?

dan0
dan0 Dork
6/30/24 3:24 p.m.
Shadeux
Shadeux SuperDork
6/30/24 4:27 p.m.

I saw my first Cybertruck and my first 400Z this week! I'm not sure what that means.

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
6/30/24 4:43 p.m.

Hoovie thrives on having his videos blow up on t3h mainstream intrawebz.  Part infotainment, part rage bait.

See-
His Superbird debacle
His Ford Lightning pickup towing "test"
His multiple cars that he has buried for videos over the years (including a BMW X6m)

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
6/30/24 8:27 p.m.

Recently, I've been a lot more interested in Hoovie's stuff about his farm and new building than I have with all his automotive shenanigans.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
7/1/24 3:00 p.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

Yeah.  He's basically a more refined Whistin' Diesel.  A lot of his views are based on people yelling at him through the screen.

I also think his farm was a horrendous purchase.  He could have started from scratch on a piece of property and came out way ahead IMO.  

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 HalfDork
7/2/24 7:04 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

That's kind of his point.  Like how doug demuro is.

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 HalfDork
7/2/24 7:05 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

What an awful and incorrect comparison......

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
seqyCQaHk046grIP1HI4muoAg2hYXgkFRRl7KIMcLrlcXCVCkArhnfcmbNmndYgl