1 2
WillG80
WillG80 HalfDork
9/27/24 8:33 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Sorry for my dater info, it's been a while since I looked into them. But I'm still finding them for under $750. 

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-differential-assembly-bc3z4026b

WillG80
WillG80 HalfDork
9/27/24 8:35 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Looking at the car-part site, looks like 2011+ Superdutys. 

WillG80
WillG80 HalfDork
9/27/24 8:39 a.m.

Looks like complete axles with 3.73 and lockers are going for under $500 in my area. Other ratios seem to be more expensive.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/27/24 11:18 a.m.

In reply to WillG80 :

I would have to make a guess that shipping from CO to Lower Alabam' would kinda negate that savings. 
But that picture might help someone out that way. 
You had my hops up, on a $600 e-locker, but alas, that seems to be older information. 
Thanks for the thoughts, though. 
Although I despise doing contracts out of dive hotels, looks like I may need to take the car this fall. 
I imagine any form of 10.5 limited slip/locker is just going to go up in price, but maybe for the spring, I can have Big Red up an hauling. 

mjlogan
mjlogan Reader
9/27/24 3:08 p.m.
gearheadE30 said:

Thanks for all the input.

•  
  • I didn't realize the Gov Lock was a clutch type diff. All the youtube videos seem to show basically a full lock after they slam into that locked mode.
  •  

In my experience they lock up much "tighter" than a typical clutch and spring limited slip.  

I think a G80 should be great for what you're doing.  You'll get used to it and it'll be second nature on how much throttle input to give it and get it to lock up.  I like to 2 foot them.  Drag a little brake, spin it up to the lock point, then keep it on the converter to keep it locked in as I go through the obstacle. 

Most of the bad rap they get is from people that dont understand them 

https://youtu.be/tTGZOJQQBeE?si=Ns5j4xr74ubUuVQ-

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W57qcoGgI7LA5dt1aIb17VeTNMG7P1dchd8MM0lIfw64bFxlSuUpSrQILotx1qAS