nachtwheelman
nachtwheelman None
11/17/08 5:58 p.m.

i have an old 81 Toyota corolla. it had an inline four (3tc) engine. it has a newly installed t-50 transmission. msd 6al ignition control box with blaster coil. i have a brand new brake booster, Cylinder, and calipers all round as well as pads and shoes. it has a new set of tires (sumitomo hrt 200) roughly 50 miles use. i also installed a Holley 5200/ 32/36 carburettor. there are no emissions accessories on this car. i plugged them all. the car need some sheet metal work. the trunk has a big hole and theres a smaller hole in the floor behind the drive seat. also some rust has come through on the passenger side kick panel. I've tried to keep up with the cost of this car but i can no longer afford to give it the body work it needs. its a prime candidate for an auto cross car. Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

2000 or best offer.

Please leave a comment with any questions!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
11/17/08 6:43 p.m.

Great Rally Beater candidate.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
11/17/08 7:05 p.m.

wrong headlights for an '81.

Furthermore, you forgot to mention IT'S GOT A HEMI!

nachtwheelman
nachtwheelman New Reader
11/17/08 11:17 p.m.

Yes its a Hemi. 1.8 liter pushrod. its a Cool little Engine. to my knowlege the lights came in both for that year. it has a a diagram for both in the bently i bought for it. for Rally. it was fun driving it in the dirt. it wasent fun cleaning the engine block after that.Photobucket

alot of guys at the drag strip in atco Nj through in rotary engines and run 9s. i was getting to the point of doing an auto-x car. but i bit off more than i could chew. PinchValve and Belteshazzar, what would you two pay for this car? just give me an idea of what i'm looking at. a man by the name of tony responded to this same ad on criaglist. what price would you put on it?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
11/18/08 8:34 a.m.

I grabbed a good-running 81 Wagon with the 5-speed and 3tc for $400, just needed front brakes. No rust holes, just mild surface rust... a nice patina in places, if you will.

Now.... not saying that they're equivalent cars.... but just sayin'.

:D

Good luck, and just out of curiousity.... where are you located?

nachtwheelman
nachtwheelman New Reader
11/18/08 5:00 p.m.

Ocean city, Nj. four blocks from the ocean, hence Rust. $400 bucks is what i was afraid of, i'd Realy like to get at least half of what i put into it. but Cars...... Never an investment. Thanks for the imput.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
11/18/08 7:51 p.m.

I have a soft spot for them. I'd probably pay as much as a grand based on what you've said about it.

There just aren't any of them around here anymore.

nachtwheelman
nachtwheelman New Reader
11/18/08 10:12 p.m.

Yup. jap cars Just arnt made to last as long as german, or even american. i'm currently selling this rolla cause i've Found a Clean old rx-7 85' thats been garage kept. Prime Canidate for ITA or auto-x or something. idk alot of my friends are telling me i'm jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Whatevies.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
11/18/08 10:14 p.m.

I'd call their potential about equal myself. Whichever you like better. Even with some very VERY concentrated abuse I was never able to kill my 3tc corollas. Did manage to total them though.

nachtwheelman
nachtwheelman New Reader
11/19/08 9:33 a.m.

Ouch. yea with the old tranmission the thing would never die... for long. i never crashed it but i came close twice. these cars with bad tires in the rain are unpredictable. Great cars tho.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
11/19/08 11:34 a.m.

^ Agreed. And parts are CHEAP.

I got all new front brakes, calipers, rotors, pads for under $100. For the axle set.

I'm interested, but i can't justify that price. I hope you sell it at that.... but if you want to move down from that, please let me know.

PHeller
PHeller Reader
11/20/08 12:25 p.m.

I'd make you an offer if I wasn't in college.

What kind of MPG does it get? Any interest in trades? I've got a 89 Jeep Cherokee in English Creek. Sailboat? Woodworking equipment?

nachtwheelman
nachtwheelman New Reader
11/20/08 4:00 p.m.

to 93celicaGT2: i may have to take you up on that. no one around here is into them anymore is seams like, if you could pick it up i'd let it go for 1500 at this point. i've checked out the cleanest rx-7 i've even seen around here. but i'm not getting that untill i get rid of the corolla.

to PHeller: when had the auto 3spd going up and down route 9 i was getting an average of 30MPG, after putting the new holley 5200 carb on it i dident get a chance to get a whole tank guzzled but as long as you dident hit the secondary. you'd get 30 or more. if you where constantly using the second half of the pedal probably 25. rough guess--Again this is not a daily just yet. needs work. no trades unless you have a pre 86 mazda rotary. no sailboats. i helped my dad build a 15ft launch thats sitting in our yard, we also have a Stone horse, that thing is a Blast to sail.

kturner
kturner New Reader
11/22/08 4:41 p.m.

Do you have any pictures of the rust spots?

nachtwheelman
nachtwheelman New Reader
11/22/08 9:56 p.m.

in the picture above, the dirt pic. behind the rear wheel you can see a bit missing. that was where the previous owner put bondo on aluminum tape. Photobucket That little hole in the kick panel has gotten worse, and i believe there is a new hole on the other side. the horizontal line across the top of the wheel well has developed surface rust. the hole behind the driver seat is about the size of an apple. the hole in the trunk, where the spare tire goes. that hole is about 2 feet in diameter. basicaly needs a whole bottom bit of spare tire holder. i dont have any pichures but if you want i can post some up by tuesday

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LKQidINjk2RwbksxuknBPhSScLyRzh5KWHaySsyk1dkPJ2Jd4DIxJF7xaUJJmImJ