thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
7/26/12 12:10 p.m.

Spicy MSP Roller sold a-la-Carte

I'm parting with the 3rd gen protege and am looking to clear out the driveway and garage so here's the deal. I bought the car in february with the intention of using it as a fun driver, but my business has kept me so busy I haven't been able to put it together and I've reached a point of extreme burnout. Come and get it!!!!!

Spicy roller - $800 has no engine or trans in it. The wiring is intact, but the ECU is gone. The trunk needs new carpet and the release needs adjusted. Needs a battery, and front bumper support. The car comes with a rashed spicy bumper and a great condition blazing yellow bumper (obviously this would need paint). The car has Nissan wheels with winter rubber on it, but they need some spacers to actually bolt up correctly. The hubcentric rings on nissans are a little smaller than Mazda. The body is in great shape. This could be put together with a KLZE or KLDE on the cheap for v6 NA power, or pickup some of the other stuff below and put the car together as a turbo 4.

Other stuff: FSDE from '95 Ford Probe - $200. Has great compression and the car ran and drove great before the engine was pulled. This is a distributor motor but I was planning to run coil on plug with the megasquirt so that didn't matter to me.

Megasquirt II 3.57 SMD board with everything needed to build a plug and play harness- $200

G Series 5 spd. trans from '98 626 - $150

Brand new Autometer Wideband - $150

Aerocharger Variable Vane Turbo - $250

Brand new 1/2 width aluminum honda radiator and 12"x12"x3" sidemount - $150

Brand new Eibach Pro-kit Springs - $150

Used AWR Mounts (front, rear, and passenger, inserts for trans mount) - $200

This is where things get interesting. I will do a proper inventory after my wife gets home, but here is a partial list of things sitting around in my garage.

Full width p5 radiator with fans. MSP radiator with 2 or 3 stock sidemounts and several fans. 2 single runner intake manifolds - I've seen these sell for well over $150 each. PG still gets $344 for them - http://www.protegegarage.com/260-product-260.html. 2 dual runner intake manifolds. 2 MSP heatshields. MSP valve cover, cover. Stock s and j pipe combo (at least one set, but maybe two). Several sets of radiator hoses. 2 strut tower braces. A spare rebuildable transmission - has syncro problems. An extra clean and ready to use head. O2 sensors. An extra set of accessories - alternator, AC compressor... Loads of extra injectors. A few throttlebodies. Several fuel rails. Extra driver side headlight. Fog lights. Cracked stock turbo manifold.

If someone comes with cash and no low ball offers I'll sell everything I have for $3200. This is by far my preferred method of selling. I realize this is more money than the 2012 budget. I will work with a GRM buyer to make sure you can keep it in budget.

Forgot a couple things... Here's a pic of the chassis, I can take more for a serious buyer: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/sean22306/IMG_0099.jpg

I'm looking for a 4 seater convertible or t-top car with a v8 or maybe something german. Let me know what you have and maybe we can work out a trade.

Tom 513-708-0995

thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
7/28/12 6:21 p.m.

No interest at all... This could make a great challenge car / dd. The chassis is really clean, I just have no time or drive to put it together.

moxnix
moxnix Reader
7/28/12 8:08 p.m.

You even have the best color one.

thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
7/28/12 9:48 p.m.
moxnix wrote: You even have the best color one.

I've also had blazing yellow and laser blue and this is so much better looking. Plus I like the more subtle 03 body kit, the 03.5 seems over-styled.

thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
7/30/12 9:18 p.m.

$1000 for the roller and the deals get better the more you spend.

thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
8/12/12 3:16 p.m.

$800 for the roller outright or I might be interested in GIVING the car to the right person if some sort of deal could be worked out for it be turned in to a track car that could be shared.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
8/13/12 7:05 a.m.

Desire for car and to build something to get back into autocross after several years out of the game? Check. Location? Check. Funds.....crap.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
8/13/12 8:12 a.m.

oh man...I am also in your backyard, but too broke to make an offer...I even potentially have some space to spin wrenches...

maybe I can convince SWMBO...

thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
8/13/12 9:07 a.m.

More pics can be seen here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123818224-Spicy-MSP-Roller-sold-a-la-Carte

Find a little money and this thing is gone. I want to get some parts ordered up for the trans am!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KXWH4NpXocZOrTGLuBKrg6lichhgxpaIA2brDgZVcli9yweUxKeS6LWu64wAVA4N