03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/23/24 8:46 a.m.

Does trading a running car, for a non running car, if it's a deal that is found online, and available to anyone, count?

I ask for eligibility reasons. The deals went kinda like the guy years back, that started with one red paper clip, and up traded himself into a house!

see 333 Team for the actual trades described:

But tldr: $300 charger into a rather nice , hot 03 Mustang. 'Bout a grand cash

I figure we'll bring her down, considered eligible or not, but since my teammate is not on the forum, i love to tell him his car is eligible to compete!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/23/24 10:53 a.m.

Yep.

dyintorace
dyintorace UltimaDork
1/23/24 11:28 a.m.

Agreed. As long as the trades are available to the general public, you're good.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/23/24 12:00 p.m.

My (future) team mate is gonna be happy to here that. 

I though so, but this mustang is super nice, so I feel kinda guilty blush

But, then is gonna be quite fast , so devil

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress Dork
1/25/24 2:39 p.m.

I'm still hazy here...

Would the new trades rule impact this?

If so, how? From OP's thread:

He bought a charger (ex cop car) for $300. Few dollars in incidentals (will get added to a spread sheet for budget) and traded it for a Navigator. Bad trans., but came with a junkyard trans.,  (suspected good) Installed trans.; ran and drove good. Traded for an impala (ex cop car) Few dollars on incidentals, and it ran and drove good. Traded for a quite nicely built performance mustang, running poorly. Ran the vacume lines correctly, and it runs like a scalded dog. 
Despite being built with A LOT of high end parts. We can document about $1000 cash in the car, by trading up (all trades found online - open to public) and quite a bit of his own personal labor into his own vehicles. 

Regardless, come down and play! If you can't win the event you can still help us win the party =)

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/25/24 3:15 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

I sent a link to the current rules to the actual car owner, but have not had time to read them myself. 
Never understood them all that well, myself. Except the important one. Don't be a dick. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7eQU7MTYIsmtOFtq7i9EtyBLxtgfyx0q8st4bBX7OYuRONULViqvMVP9ILJKqE1z