1 2
Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/27/23 7:12 p.m.

Go_Gators text me yesterday with some stuff he had that he was getting rid of. He gave them to me free. Since it's an inside deal I'm posting. I'd like a FMV of free on both items as my understanding is he was going to throw them out. 

First up we have some LED lights. These have pedigree as having kissed the wall at Gainesville Raceway in his previous kart. 

Next we have a steering wheel. He said that pimpM3 gave it to him but now he didn't need it. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/27/23 7:27 p.m.

That's a baller steering wheel. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/27/23 7:36 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

It changes colors as you move it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/27/23 8:15 p.m.

If the wheel was a gift from a grmer, to a another, and it's moved down the line again, I'd say free. 

I'd actually argue free for the lights as well, given I'm assuming he'd have offered the same deal to any of us. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
12/27/23 8:24 p.m.

$200.00.

Just cause you are starting to make me worry you might bring something could beat me this year.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/27/23 8:45 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Starting?  Don't make me call you touched.

12/28/23 8:01 a.m.

I'll give you $10 for the wheel and associated bits.

madmrak351
madmrak351 HalfDork
12/28/23 9:00 a.m.

I also will agree with $10.

12/28/23 9:11 a.m.
madmrak351 said:

I also will agree with $10.

oh, no, i'm offering to pay him $10 for the wheel.  devil

12/28/23 9:13 a.m.
Mndsm said:

If the wheel was a gift from a grmer, to a another, and it's moved down the line again, I'd say free. 

Tom has established that stuff received in GRM NYG boxes is FMV'd, not free.  I'd have to assume that this would be judged the same.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/28/23 9:20 a.m.

I just learned the steering wheel is $180 on Summit. I'm removing my request for it to be FMV. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
12/28/23 9:25 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I'm fine with you putting it in the budget at $180.............cheeky

AxeHealey
AxeHealey SuperDork
1/4/24 3:11 p.m.

I'd totally go with $0 for the lights. 

It's hard to tell from the pic exactly how much wear the steering wheel has but that style, used on marketplace seems to run in the $50-$75 range. It would be worth less than that to me but...?

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/4/24 4:14 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Thanks.  I was going to bump this for the after holiday crowd but life has thrown curveballs. The wheel is in as new condition. I thought it was a no name eBay special but it was pointed out to me that it's worth a lot more. 

I've got 2 that agree to free on the lights.  Anyone else?  Car will be heavier with them ... just saying, make me slower because wvumtnbkr needs every advantage he can get. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
1/4/24 5:08 p.m.

Lolz.

Free.  Fo sho.

nocones
nocones PowerDork
1/4/24 5:30 p.m.

Unless broken or damaged such that you have to repair them or mount them with JB weld because they are structurally compromised I'm at $20 for the lights. 

They were free because their previous owner didn't have a use for them anymore not because their Fair Market Value is $0.  

In my area similar lights on FBM are listed for $30-70.  Assuming you can get them to drop 30-50% value $20 seems the bottom of realistic.   Maybe at a garage sale you would see them for $15-20 for the set but if they work they have value.   

Now if you pulled them off of some randos trash can.   Totally different but that's not how the game works.  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
1/4/24 6:43 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

Yeah, but how long are they gonna sit on marketplace?  How many times are you gonna have to say "yes they are available." and get ghosted? How many times will you go to meet up with someone to sell them and have them try and gouge you?

Are they worth $50 of that hassle, or are they $0?

I wouldn't deal with it. They'd go in my new years box before that.

gumby
gumby Dork
1/4/24 6:48 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Great, but donations still are not budgeted as free

“Free” parts given to you by a friend must be added to the budget at fair market value.

Any inside deals—parts, whole cars, trades, donations, stolen parts, etc.—must be added to the budget at fair market value.

There was no legwork done here to propose a real Fair Market Value. $0 ain't it.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
1/4/24 9:37 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

There's a reason I didn't give any FMV with that post. I'm just saying I very much disagree with what nocones was saying about what you might find on FBM

nocones
nocones PowerDork
1/4/24 10:23 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Understood all items listed on FBM <$70 are Free for challenge purposes.  Because of the hassle.  

Stampie is totally allowed to find "Copies of at least three comparable listings from a peer-to-peer selling website (eBay, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc.)" that support $0. 

I even gave him that he could use 50% of the listed FBM price which is not what the rules say.  

Or I'm sure a 5th person will be along to agree they are Free soon.  

He asked, I told him my thoughts.  I would expect to pay $20+ for them.  In fact I had similar dumb LED 7" headlights on my challenge car for $60 because I paid that for them. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/5/24 10:01 a.m.

It's not worth all this. My only reason to use them was to make it street legal pre Challenge without having to undo a bunch of work in a tight space to remove them for the Challenge. 

gumby
gumby Dork
1/5/24 11:46 a.m.
Stampie said:

It's not worth all this. 

Woah there buddy. You think you can cause all this outrage and just walk away?

Dan, get the tar and feathers.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/5/24 12:25 p.m.

Don't you need at least one working headlight and taillight to pass tech for the drag strip?

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/5/24 12:33 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

I got some cheap LEDs off Amazon that will be like a $1-6 hit to be Challenge legal. 

Before someone says I can't retrofit a LED to a 67 Fiat.

Since the drag racing will again take place after dark, all entrants must have at least one operational headlight and at least one operational taillight. 

https://2000challenge.com/rules

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/5/24 12:37 p.m.
gumby said:
Stampie said:

It's not worth all this. 

Woah there buddy. You think you can cause all this outrage and just walk away?

Dan, get the tar and feathers.

Oh baby I like when you talk dirty. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
INJkStTXYNDRcgCDcGYwb2jAiB3m75lpbenwMCsuPPqlqPQ9t9A2FUtWRcsALbSk