dalek
dalek New Reader
6/21/09 12:07 p.m.

I have here the complete drivetrain for a 1989 Acura Integra. The engine is the D16A1, same family as the ZC. I took the engine apart and had it rebuilt with the moving parts (new pistons) balanced to a gram... and never put it back together. I took the original oil pump apart to check the clearances and they seem to be good; now it needs the o-rings to be put back in the car. I also have ARP studs for that engine. Right now it stands all oiled/greased (t protect against rust) waiting to be put back together.

The transmission is the 5sp one. I have the transmission itself, the intermediate shaft, a new clutch kit, and pedals and linkage. You see, I was planning on converting my old 87 autotragic into 88-89 manual. So, I got engine+tranny+ entire wiring harness up to behind the front seats + ECU + distributor. But lost interest. In fact, I plan on taking the car to the crusher soon even though it is very rust free. I am dropping out of Hondas. I even have an adjustable panhard bar for that car.

In any case, if anybody is interested I would sell the engine for $400 and the tranny + all the other related tranny stuff for $150. ECU and harness can go for $100 together. If you want the entire shebang, make an offer. I am in Gainesville, FL, which is the place the GRM Challenge takes place.

If you want the car itself, make an offer and come and get it.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
6/21/09 7:39 p.m.

What a sad thread. I'd be all over it if I was with in a 100 miles.

Thats a fun challenge car, just add labor.

dalek
dalek New Reader
6/28/09 11:37 p.m.

I agree completely. Unfortunately right now it is on my car dolly. I put the title in the glovebox. All it needs is for me to drive it to the yard. I hope someone will save it before that. At this point in time I would pretty much give it away.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1UFGZSivDjn8cFhRah4eyHRv2FIgh3W1zPAfsBhiUEwzJltIlhKneeeGqkWqj6UE