DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
9/3/10 10:58 a.m.

not mine....

engine not running 55000miles good ext/int nice rims/tires lower suspencion $2000 OBO trades//

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1934260218.html

stan
stan SuperDork
9/3/10 1:17 p.m.

...wonder if someone ran the piss out of it...

RossD
RossD Dork
9/3/10 1:27 p.m.

In reply to stan:

Thats a good guess. The story on the internet is that Ford never filled up the piss tank full on the North American Focus; just on the Euro Focus.

stan
stan SuperDork
9/3/10 1:52 p.m.

I'm just glad it's not closer...!

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
9/3/10 9:33 p.m.

I'm really surprised how far the prices have dropped on those. I bought mine for $5500 a little over a year ago and now the average one in my area goes for $3000. Definitely a bargain.

alex
alex Dork
9/4/10 8:29 a.m.

Not running could be a million things, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it lost a timing belt pulley, jumped time and bent the valves. That's almost the exact mileage that mine did the very same thing.

That said, even paying a shop do the repair, you'd still be under book for this one.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
9/8/10 9:54 a.m.

Just emailed him... asked why it wasn't running...

he said...

"the motor needs rewired since it's from a non-svt focus"...

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
9/8/10 9:57 a.m.

EEEEK run away!

Bababooey
Bababooey New Reader
9/8/10 5:12 p.m.
Autolex wrote: Just emailed him... asked why it wasn't running... he said... "the motor needs rewired since it's from a non-svt focus"...

Why God, why?

I wish I would have found this car a few months ago. I had my SVT with only 32k on it wrecked. I could have bought this POS and just swapped my engine.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Reader
9/8/10 9:50 p.m.
Autolex wrote: "the motor needs rewired since it's from a non-svt focus"...

This is a perfect car- if you have a wrecked SVT Focus that you want to swap the engine and wiring harness from. Otherwise, I don't think I'd go there...

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
9/8/10 11:12 p.m.

This is a perfect candidate for a V8 swap. Those wheels means that it has the nicest interior; heated leather Recaro seats. Sell the driveline bits you don't need (assuming he kept the six speed manual) and have a nice mini-GT car.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
9/9/10 8:40 a.m.
MitchellC wrote: This is a perfect candidate for a V8 swap. Those wheels means that it has the nicest interior; heated leather Recaro seats. Sell the driveline bits you don't need (assuming he kept the six speed manual) and have a nice mini-GT car.

Who figured out that you could make a bolt-in V8 swap for the Focus? And do you think he/she would mind me hugging them?

mike53
mike53 New Reader
9/9/10 8:51 a.m.

In reply to Osterkraut:

http://www.kugelkomponents.com/focus/focus.php

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
9/14/10 9:11 a.m.

Something doesn't look right here...

that's an awful big tranny breather filter on the right side there....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Dtngwxd5wxJiqdMRZ1VgR9xWwg71ECre9nex8VukWmkftSxj9bOltvZRWBEGwWL3