cutter67
cutter67 Reader
1/24/13 7:22 a.m.

i was informed i was high bidder on this car. it does not run!!!!! i talked to the owner who donated it and she told me that she went out to start car and it did not start and had it taken to Euro Tech in Pittsburgh and they told her it needed timing chains and guides tensioner but the valves were not touched there is a work order that comes with car. i looked the car over and the body and interior is in good shape. will not have pics till this weekend. just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone was interested because i will be at the shop this weekend with it. the PO stated the car ran fine and everyting worked till the day it didnt start. the car has current PA emissions and inspection stamps.

car is located in Pittsburgh Pa

mark@ctsinc.org

Gieb
Gieb New Reader
1/24/13 12:48 p.m.

In reply to cutter67:

Have any other info on it? Which transmission? Miles? Rust? Any major service work done? If it was an eBay auction, can you post the link? I think they stay live for a while after ending.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
1/24/13 1:48 p.m.

I wonder if the repair shop was trying to give her a good rodgering?

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
1/24/13 2:14 p.m.

it was not ebay. this is a silent auction for a charity people donated cars to them. i looked the car over a week ago and placed the bid. it has a 126,000 miles it is a auto (if it were a stick i would fix it) the body is nice except for lower inside door seams some rust there if you are familiar with these cars you know what i am talking about. the interior is real nice needs a good cleaning but no rips or tears dash is nice. its maroon with tan interior. its a very solid car.

Euro-Tech is pretty good i hear... know a lot of people who use them seem to be honest

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
1/25/13 1:14 p.m.

added photos and looked at the car closer. this is a nice car if no one takes it by next weekend i will do the timing chains. the car has nice paint just has ice and snow on it

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
1/27/13 9:38 a.m.

not for sale now.........got talked into doing the motor work to it.....it will be put up for sale running

dmyntti
dmyntti Reader
1/27/13 12:24 p.m.

In reply to cutter67:

Thank god, that was awful tempting and I have too many project already. Good luck it is a nice looking car.

patgizz
patgizz UberDork
1/27/13 6:16 p.m.

how did i miss this? i would have taken it off your hands.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H7HVODxIyoBOSAoTzK2PcVlSKfAeNvDZxolgynbUfoWWLPMpISihqlfmA7lfXOzO