VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
5/14/13 7:32 a.m.

A potentially life changing move has happened upon me and it's become clear that some pruning needs to happen in the garage. I just can't move all of the cars and boats. I bought this car a few years back with the intention to make a Challenge car out of it and posture myself into vintage racing. Well, you know how it goes, it's still sitting with almost no work done to it. I would like for this to go to a good home if possible.

1967 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe with title signed by last owner, never transferred it to my name. No idea when it was on the road last. The body is rusty, dented, tweaked and complete but the pan is in pretty good shape with only minor perforation under the drivers feet. Has all glass with new front/rear rubber. Some might call this car a shell (wife, Porsche guys, neighbors) but we have everything to get it moving and stopping.

Included in the sale will be too many spares to list but Ill be glad to discuss it over the phone.

RatGhia sold me a lot of parts at Challenge prices when he rolled off to college. I think it only fair that I try to keep it in the GRM family.

Short list: Running single port 1300(maybe bigger pistons?) flywheel and clutch installed. Exhausts New sway bars front and rear Poly bushings Front end adjusters Front end camber adjusters for lowered front end Bilstein rears shocks, KYB lowered front shocks Newish interior kit for resale Aluminum race seat '67 only seats, NOS '67 only rearview mirror, NOS bullet front turn signals, NOS horn grills New battery, started relocation to trunk Lots of new cables, hoses, bearings Kadrons with Kaddy Shack throttle bodies, scat linkage, velocity stacks. SP and DP manifolds with a pair of air cleaners. Tow bar for your convenience More cases and cranks and heads Some performance stuff can be included, HD valve springs, 3 puck clutch, light flywheel. Negotiable.

Wheels and tires can be negotiated but will come with on rolling stockers. Have original set of Rivieras from the 70's with Toyos. Also have set of Porsche 914 2 liter alloys with lugs.

Asking $1650 for all of it. You'll be able to recoup a ton out of the spares. Email me with a phone number and we can talk. Pics will be added in the coming days.

Album with Some Pics

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
5/14/13 8:16 a.m.

I sure wish I had some money.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/14/13 9:01 a.m.
EvanB wrote: I sure wish I had some money.

Sell me your Mini. ;-)

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
5/14/13 9:31 a.m.

I don't wish I had it that much.

I'll sell you the Peugeot.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/14/13 9:58 a.m.

Maybe if it was towing the Miata.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
5/14/13 12:07 p.m.

Location, location, location...I've been jonesin' for a Ghia hard top for a while. Good luck, Bruce...sad to see this won't be making it to $2013, I thought this was going to be the year. I hope all is well!

Bryce

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
5/14/13 5:37 p.m.

We're good, retired April 1st. I just got a job offer as a test engineer with L3 Com down in Greenville, TX, just East of Dallas/Ft Worth. It's really too good to pass up in this economy. I just can't figure out how to get everything to Texas.

Maybe I should leave the Metro and keep the Ghia.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
5/14/13 7:57 p.m.

You said it's a roller and has a tow bar, right? Sounds like you're half way to a moving solution. With the great weather in Texas, you're going to really wish you had that Ghia through the "winter"...

Bryce

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
5/15/13 7:26 a.m.

You may be right Bryce. I'm looking for clarity during this quick turn move. Sell house, buy house, new job, sell boats, etc. Maybe I should forgo the engine swap in the Metro and just unload it as-is.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
5/15/13 8:35 a.m.

If you're considering selling the Metro, would you mind shooting me a PM? SWMBO is still on the hunt for a fuel efficient daily.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/15/13 4:26 p.m.

When you're in Texas, holler at me. We may have to make a day out of going to Motorsport Ranch in Cresson.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
5/15/13 6:44 p.m.

PM sent regarding Metro.

I'll take you up on the track day offer Conquest. The E30 should be sorted before we leave MD.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
5/19/13 8:05 p.m.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
5/19/13 10:12 p.m.

I probably shouldn't mention the fact there are 2 of these that appear complete sitting in my local junkyard.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
5/20/13 8:30 a.m.

Aircooled cars are getting pretty rare in junkyards. It's likely this car will head to Texas and become the race car it always dreamed of being.

OutsideGroove
OutsideGroove New Reader
5/20/13 6:20 p.m.

Wish I had a place to stick that. It is so cool looking. You shoulda put it in the trunk of the e39 when you came up LOL

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
5/20/13 10:55 p.m.
VWguyBruce wrote: It's likely this car will head to Texas and become the race car it always dreamed of being.

Yay!

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
6/2/13 7:13 a.m.

SOLD!

Going to new home today. Internet friend FTW. New owner will be keeping the car stock, no race car.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
6/2/13 1:45 p.m.
OutsideGroove wrote: Wish I had a place to stick that.

that's what the he/she said.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vmCpheHZNwFU7LWEy6yqBc6DlwXdE0I4QqeZ6XyL6tLTWqM0zqQUmIwYu3FPRhwe