nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
4/19/16 6:11 p.m.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=7659&acctid=4244

only $105 as of 7.10pm on 4/19 Tuesday. Wonder how low it will eventually go for? I also wonder how many tickets its owner had before it got booted and towed.

correction only $100. Anyone think I should throw a 1k bid on it just for E36 M3s and giggles? It's all the cash I have close by right now but I'm not a huge fan-boi of the Blue Oval. And if I don't make money this week all the other expenses might break me. I'm sure it'll go north of 1k, right?

ok, so I can't get the link to work with a single click but highlighting and right click will work for me. Up to $227. If this thing had a Nissan badge and was silver I'd be all over it.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
4/20/16 8:06 a.m.

I think you should. It's only up to $275 now. Worst cars you could sell the seats to re-coupe that alone. I sold my SVT Focus seats for $400 a couple of years ago. that could be the bargain of the century.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
4/20/16 12:43 p.m.

http://www.sheehyfordmarlowheights.com/service/index.htm tempting there is a ford dealership that could probably fix the key problem really close.

bluej
bluej UltraDork
4/20/16 12:57 p.m.

no, you shouldn't bid on it, that way I can :p

Nice to see another GRM'er who actually lives in the district, though!

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
4/20/16 10:56 p.m.

well I threw a bid on it with no auto counter bid so let's see who gets it. I've put in my one and only bid and I'll check back after the auction is over. Don't wish me too much luck this is a sight unseen after all.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
4/21/16 5:43 a.m.

This is me not wishing you luck, but most certainly wishing you no bad luck or losses with regard to this auction

WushuMR2
WushuMR2 New Reader
4/21/16 10:07 a.m.

Dang, if it weren't for you meddling kids I'd get this thing cheap! I put the first bid on it, definitely keeping my eye on it.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
4/23/16 4:59 p.m.

oh E36 M3 I won it. Took $1k out of the dedicated car fund today to put into Paypal although I may use my credit line with them if available. Sold at $995, so $1,044.75 with the fees. Obviously a tow truck and key will put another couple of hundo on there. I held fast by never checking back to the auction until 15mins after the finish even ignoring the reminder e-mail so as to avoid going over my $1k limit. Heck my rival(s) needed only to bid $10 more. Any knowledge of market value? And I am most certainly open to trades for a classic S-ER, any other running/driving Datsun/Nissan that can pass emissions and isn't a rust bucket. Otherwise I'll hold onto it if it isn't a complete dog.

Scottah
Scottah Dork
4/23/16 6:17 p.m.

I part these out and if I wasn't moving right now I would have paid up to $1500 for it.

It's worth around $3.5k in parts and around $2500-$3500 running and driving.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
4/23/16 7:49 p.m.
Scottah wrote: I part these out and if I wasn't moving right now I would have paid up to $1500 for it. It's worth around $3.5k in parts and around $2500-$3500 running and driving.

That makes me sad that at this point they are worth more in parts than as a car lol

Scottah
Scottah Dork
4/23/16 8:56 p.m.

In reply to nepa03focus:

I take a metric E36 M3 ton of crap for parting them out. The real sad part is that the vast majority are beyond too far gone to save.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
4/24/16 12:59 p.m.
Scottah wrote: In reply to nepa03focus: I take a metric E36 M3 ton of crap for parting them out. The real sad part is that the vast majority are beyond too far gone to save.

Oh I'm sure, most of them were when I was looking for oNE 3 or 4 years ago. I blame them getting so cheap and then getting bought by teenagers. At least not their parts can live on in abother focus. I always wanted the wheels, seats, bumpers for my zx3 but never got around to it

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
4/26/16 7:49 p.m.

No luck with Ford dealers for keys - won't do anything over 10yrs and my first quote is $350 from a locksmith. Oh well with a approx. $130 tow the profit is going away so if not a dog I'll hold onto to it for a couple of years.

Scottah
Scottah Dork
4/27/16 6:56 a.m.

Are you on Facebook? If so, join the Ford Focus Parts page. One of my parts buddy Terry Barnes (search his name on the page) has a complete lock, key, keyless entry, ignition cylinder, encoder, and ECU setup for $100 shipped. Will be a pain the ass to install but very grassroots friendly.

Scottah
Scottah Dork
4/27/16 6:57 a.m.

And like I said, I part these out so if you need anything I can likely help you out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OcJstCfKAbKXjm4bJjjiDVkfRQUbzahHKfsi0VgNt916bB930WHIASgnB7D5cBFy