Presented by Nine Lives Racing
sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo PowerDork
2/2/24 2:38 p.m.

Hopefully y'all won't mind a little self-promotion?

I've made asides here-and-there on GRM to the effect, but I've been assisting Scott Robertson (sometimes poster "apexanimal" on GRM) & Becky Burton on their Robertson Racing GLTC Miata and (later) SundaeCup cars since ~2019-ish.  Helping them there, plus stafford1500's help and direction here, as well as a number of the threads/designs here over the years have been instrumental in getting me to the point I'm at today.

And today, "we've" started a new blog on the Robertson Racing Website: "Aero & Dynamics" that intends to be Aero-focused.  Although, I'm sure that other dynamics will make their way in.  Plus some art/photography, inevitably.

The first post is a bit of a "mission statement" for the blog:  Aero & People-Focus in Motorsports

the next post, will probably be a bit of a background about me.  Then we'll begin getting into some technical subjects.

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
2/2/24 3:25 p.m.

congrats on making a mark

reading the post now

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/2/24 3:43 p.m.

Looking forward to reading more of this! Promote away.

apexanimal
apexanimal New Reader
2/2/24 5:09 p.m.

hell yeah

sleepyhead the buffalo
2/16/24 6:37 p.m.

Second blog post just went live.  After #3(?), we'll probably settle down to one a month.

This one, I give a bit of background on myself, and how I've come to this point.  After this one, we'll start getting into more fun topics.

https://robertson-racing.com/blogs/aero-and-dynamics/introduction-to-an-aerodynamic-buffalo

Thanks to everyone here on GRM who let me assist on their aero projects.

gsettle
gsettle Reader
2/19/24 10:07 a.m.

Congrats! Hopefully you'll still swing by here an offer your assistance... I'm getting my thoughts and ideas around making a post for aero help for my TimeTrials GMC Sonoma soon.

sleepyhead the buffalo
3/8/24 1:22 p.m.

In reply to gsettle :

I plan to be around, although I seem to drop off a bit during the "crunch" when a new post comes around.  still working on smoothing that out.

sleepyhead the buffalo
3/8/24 1:24 p.m.

speaking of, the lastest update is live:

https://robertson-racing.com/blogs/aero-and-dynamics/winging-the-fundamentals-2d-foil-geometry

attempting to provide a theoretical, but simplified, initial understanding of wings... and some of the nomenclature around the 2D simplification of wing: foils.

it's been a while since I cracked out my Aero textbook... so hopefully I haven't gotten the basics wrong.  but, if so, let me know... and we'll fix it.  otherwise, hopefully y'all get something useful out of it?

AxeHealey
AxeHealey SuperDork
4/12/24 11:17 a.m.

Awesome! I'll be reading. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VhvLuhPpiJfU5lYdz4fmrMqDEu56Q31knn8GMT0uPPfzvDTRAjJ2g3XZvxC2JXmA