1 2 3
03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/28/24 1:44 a.m.

In reply to AhBNormal :

On this thread, you have not been hard to follow at all. Perfectly fine ratio of pictures , descriptions and plans. 
Now on the other, I assure you - it wasn't your work schedule that made it hurt peoples heads! wink

AhBNormal
AhBNormal New Reader
1/28/24 9:52 p.m.

Please! Nobody read the following!! Forbidden Fruit Ahead!! Do Not be tempted!!Turn Back NOW!  

I might be inclined to imagine that readers who read my posts hold some kind of interest in my ramblings? I continue to be inclined to leave self-control to all other selves. It is my shame that my writing has obviously injured others, though human nature disinclines me from massive change. Have A Nice Day!

AhBNormal
AhBNormal New Reader
1/28/24 10:09 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

In the interest of Public Safety; if it wasn't my work schedule, what was it?

I have "accidentally" survived 61 years, nothing you could say would injure me or my self esteem or even possibly surprise me. Fear not! I am just as likely to take your opinion to heart as I am to disregard it. 

Have A Nice Day

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/29/24 10:45 a.m.

In reply to AhBNormal :

I guess I was mimicking a milder version on your style writing... and I still , apparently was not understandable . surprise

When you are not spewing word vomit, you come across quite understandable. The other style is utter nonsense, and no telling if I missed anything in skipping paragraphs at a time. I'm very glad you have (mostly) refrained from that here in the actual build thread. 
Many of us do not care for FWD, like mid engine cars, and I imagine like your build.

I might be inclined to imagine that readers who read my posts hold some kind of interest in my ramblings?

Although I can't actually answer that for the rest of GRM, I would be inclined to imagine (and others comments tend to support) than you would be almost universally wrong, on that belief. blush

I think the build is worth skimming through a bit of it, and so far it has been!

Keep the build. Loving it!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
1/29/24 10:57 a.m.

I am confused on what's happening on the side topic here.  Lolz.

I'm digging the front to rear swap!  That is a cool idea and I'm excited to see how it handles!  I imagine the 0 to 60 and whatnot are not going to get better, so to me, this is an exercise in improving handling (or just doing something different).

Keep it up!  I'm along for the journey!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/29/24 12:05 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

I am confused on what's happening on the side topic here.  Lolz.

it's all a reference to his initial post laugh

AhBNormal
AhBNormal New Reader
1/29/24 1:04 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Where might I find what 03panther is up to?

AhBNormal
AhBNormal New Reader
1/29/24 1:23 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Side topic is beating a dead horse. Stems from my other thread "A call to Revolution , etc" which many mistook as a build. I had intended it to be as the title stated. It was a little like the Federalist Papers. Long, Boring, Curious and Convoluted. All based on my theory: "I cannot get where I am going if I do not remember my past and how it shaped my development and where I am now."  Too much Philosophy or BS, depending on your POV. TMI

Facing a Brave New Dawn in this thread. Pleased to have found some true believers to run with.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/29/24 1:31 p.m.

In reply to AhBNormal :

I love it. are you adding some triangulation to the cradle mount pillars at the rear? looks like a lot of leverage there during cornering

AhBNormal
AhBNormal New Reader
1/29/24 1:44 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

We are taking a wait and see attitude on that point. Thank you for your input. Please look at the frame on the back of my inspiration, The DF Goblin. Looks spindly to me too but they shaved down their design to everything needed and not much extra. And they handle great.

I'm a stone ax kind of man in a silicon chip world. If someone wanted to do "computer modeling" or such to answer that question it would be welcomed. At my garage we're just gonna "nail it on", use it, torture it and see what breaks! angry We are sure something will!cool

Piguin
Piguin Reader
1/30/24 8:27 a.m.

In reply to AhBNormal :

Thing is, the Goblin weighs way less than the cobalt, and the mass is way more centralized. Then again, trial and error is the way forward, especially when time is limited and you want it to run even as a proof of concept.

AhBNormal
AhBNormal New Reader
1/30/24 2:19 p.m.

In reply to Piguin :

Spot on my friend! It's gotta go down the road before I can modify it further. We Expect we will break stuff, the only questions are what? and how? 

The frame rails in the uni-body(in the rear) are still complete. We lost a cross member above the old swing axle. The swing axle pick up points are where the front of the sub-frame now attaches. This K member bolts on using no isolating bushings.

AhBNormal
AhBNormal New Reader
1/30/24 2:25 p.m.

Thanks everyone for salient questions. Keep it up! I believe I am helped by your thoughts and theories. Maybe I'll prove some right and some wrong? And I think proof is GOOD!

AhBNormal
AhBNormal Reader
2/15/24 3:36 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

BTW 03 Panther. You actually proved your point by reading  my post despite the Fact it opened with warnings not to read it. wink Proving warnings are worthless and folks who complain of too many words and not enough pix are their own problem. I didn't teach them to read and refuse to be held responsible if they read anything they don't like. They're free not to read my word vomit. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they read my dreck, I'm just wondering if they understand that only they control their reading intake, and if they don't like it, stop reading!

IMO it's like me and beer, IF I don't like a particular beer variety I won't drink another one!(unless that's all that is left.)

AhBNormal
AhBNormal Reader
2/15/24 3:40 p.m.

In reply to Piguin :

We are going to find out! I'll try to keep you posted!

Keep on dreaming Y'all!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
2/16/24 11:35 p.m.

In reply to AhBNormal :

I was not trying to prove a point, and can't see how i did. I mentioned, in fact, that i DIDNT read the other post... i skipped past entire paragraphs at a time! And don't feel i missed much. 
I also mentioned I stuck with ya (mostly) cause I'm interested in your project and with some restraint, you are doing (mostly) ok at communicating on this one! Keep up the good work!

AhBNormal
AhBNormal Reader
2/18/24 3:34 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I Love ya brother! Keep on keepin' on! I feel sure we're just kinda talking past one another but it seems we're on the same page. Sometimes the written word cannot work as well as actual on person communication. I'll work on more pix. When something happens!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
2/20/24 12:02 a.m.

I finished the contract in GA before I got to visit, but following along! 

AhBNormal
AhBNormal Reader
2/21/24 10:14 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Well I'm not home yet anyhow. Your mention of trying anything Europa is really sparking my curiosity. I had a friend with one back in the 80's. (A bicycle racer, I was the team mech. I never was fast.)Those tiny pickup style Europa's have always been intriguing. The ones I've seen in a open coupe style are really appealing. Starting with a Europa that is wadded up and 30+ years old. I think the best look is open top and lower door section glassed into the body. Doors add complication and weight. A foot hole in the side to help getting in isn't too crazy, make it a rear brake cooling duct too! Keep in touch! I'll be home in a month!

AhBNormal
AhBNormal Reader
3/1/24 10:13 a.m.

Well, Now I'm in NC. A family member is in bad shape, looks dire. Here to support them as they go through this awful time. I did not expect to get to my garage until April 1; just now that may be off the schedule as well. If anyone wonders, Cancer is Evil! Applying pain meds and waiting is pretty stressful on top of it all. 

AhBNormal
AhBNormal Reader
4/14/24 11:27 p.m.

Hey look what i found, some guys doing a Engine swap end to end and creating a cheap Ariel Atom kit car!   "Ultralight mid-engine performance car from a Chevy Cobalt donor"  Look it up in ancient posts.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/15/24 10:29 a.m.
AhBNormal said:

Well, Now I'm in NC. A family member is in bad shape, looks dire. Here to support them as they go through this awful time. I did not expect to get to my garage until April 1; just now that may be off the schedule as well. If anyone wonders, Cancer is Evil! Applying pain meds and waiting is pretty stressful on top of it all. 

missed this post earlier.  man, i'm sorry you have to go through that.  

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
4/15/24 10:32 a.m.
AhBNormal said:

Hey look what i found, some guys doing a Engine swap end to end and creating a cheap Ariel Atom kit car!   "Ultralight mid-engine performance car from a Chevy Cobalt donor"  Look it up in ancient posts.

The Goblin.

https://dfkitcar.com/

AhBNormal
AhBNormal Reader
4/15/24 10:16 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Did you find these ancient posts here on GRMS? Adam Doyle of Doyle Fabrication was lurking here 13 years and 500 kits ago! It is a TRIP! That explains alot! Their original was close, but later they decided the radiator needed to go to the front and the fuel tank behind the seat. But so much else was spot on.  Originally the figured they'd build theirs and maybe 10 for friends!HAHAHA!   

News Flash: DF CARS has passed the 500 produced mark and are quickly approaching the release of Goblin V2. Using a Golf donor and their copy of the VW floor pan with new front and rear suspension. So an old bug body can be used or a Kit body like Meyers Manx or Coyote? Or a home version of those bathtub Porsche bodies?!! We shall see!

Don't those Doyles ever sleep?

AhBNormal
AhBNormal Reader
4/15/24 10:25 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks Man, It was a tough road.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lJH11yaPZGQ9EHgxHTAkB30xVY3QathHpN8EKP4yz89JzpeeSLqTBQVbXU8Dko5w