3 4 5 6 7
Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk New Reader
7/20/18 8:24 p.m.
yupididit said:
Mikiedriftsjunk said:

In reply to yupididit :

It's a hell of a lot of work that's for sure! But I think it's truly going to be worth it! 

I was thinking LFX but I wonder if it would require mods to the steering bits too. Maybe I'll just put a 1UZ back in it. 

Most v8's require steering work. 

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/20/18 8:25 p.m.
84FSP said:

Don’t sweat the clutch.  It seems dyno time and ls setups seem to munch clutches frequently. Mine croaked a clutch last time she was on the rollers as well.  Build is coming along great.  Wonder how most of the paint would respond to a cut and buff?

We messed with a spot on the top. It will help it a lot actually! The issue is its single stage paint I believe and not very thick!

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/20/18 8:26 p.m.
HikerDan said:

Wow, it sounds fantastic!!! Great job!

Thanks man!

CJ
CJ Reader
7/20/18 8:34 p.m.

Just finished reading this - Outstanding work.  It looks like it came that way.  ...and the sound ...the sound

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
7/20/18 9:26 p.m.
Mikiedriftsjunk said:
yupididit said:
Mikiedriftsjunk said:

In reply to yupididit :

It's a hell of a lot of work that's for sure! But I think it's truly going to be worth it! 

I was thinking LFX but I wonder if it would require mods to the steering bits too. Maybe I'll just put a 1UZ back in it. 

Most v8's require steering work. 

Fortunately the 1UZ didnt. 

Mikiedriftsjunk
7/20/18 9:35 p.m.
CJ said:

Just finished reading this - Outstanding work.  It looks like it came that way.  ...and the sound ...the sound

Haha thanks man! More to come fairly soon I hope. Stay so dang busy it's hard to do what I want to it. 

Mikiedriftsjunk
9/8/18 9:20 p.m.

Back to posting. ive been slacking.. 

I fought a power steering leak at the rack and think i have that sorted now.. what a pain... i decided if i was going to pull the engine to do the clutch, id go ahead and do a few upgrades and clean everything up! it has come along nicely! 

Engine out and looking filthy.. i guess first things are first... Clutch and a nice healthy bump stick 

Mikiedriftsjunk
9/8/18 9:26 p.m.

I needed to clean alot of things up and wanted alot of stuff to be powder coated.. i got a quote local and decided to just buy the stuff and do it myself instead! it turned out pretty nice, good enough for me anyway! haha 

going back together 

Mikiedriftsjunk
9/8/18 9:30 p.m.

I now had time to build the air box and finish the intake pipe.. turned into a larger project that i thought it would but it was worth it in the end! 

I save money anywhere i can, using old cabinets for scrap metal at times to produce parts haha

And now to make it all pretty! 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
9/9/18 7:27 a.m.

Very well done, Tanner has a true friend !!!! Would he be able to ride in it when it's finished?

Mikiedriftsjunk
9/9/18 3:16 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Very well done, Tanner has a true friend !!!! Would he be able to ride in it when it's finished?

Not sure if he will be able to ride or not. But we are going to see if we can hold a car show where he stays at. So he can sit with his car. 

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
9/10/18 8:01 a.m.
Mikiedriftsjunk said:

Where do you get the gold wrap for the intake piping? i wouldnt mind picking some up

Mikiedriftsjunk
9/10/18 8:39 p.m.
edizzle89 said:
Mikiedriftsjunk said:

Where do you get the gold wrap for the intake piping? i wouldnt mind picking some up

Dei makes it. You can get it at Autozone here. Comes in a square sheet. And I just cut it into strips. Advance had it in small rolls 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
9/10/18 8:52 p.m.

This is one of the threads I have been lurking on, but now I have to say--

Nice powder coating. I like the flat black parts.

The whole build has been great though.... laugh Keep cooking!

Mikiedriftsjunk
9/12/18 11:21 a.m.
Bent-Valve said:

This is one of the threads I have been lurking on, but now I have to say--

Nice powder coating. I like the flat black parts.

The whole build has been great though.... laugh Keep cooking!

Thanks! I appreciate it! I went flat black because I wanted to keep the engine a dark color to make it look like it belongs in there. But didn’t want to go gloss because the engine bay is gloss. So it still stands out but blends. If that makes any sense at all haha. 

Mikiedriftsjunk
9/19/18 8:33 a.m.

Got a small video of it running under its own power again. Man I can’t wait to get this tuned! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBxNBJx0O8k

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
9/19/18 10:10 a.m.

Hell of a compound you've got there. Love all the brick and the garages under the barn. Car sounds amazing too!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/19/18 12:36 p.m.

i have always loved these cars, and it seems completely normal (to me) to hear those sounds coming from it.   i mean, it looks like it should make cammed V8 noises.

Mikiedriftsjunk
10/29/18 8:49 p.m.

Well i hate the factory style wipers.. they are outdated and the pin style. so i decided to make them into a j hook style and open my options on wiper blades!

I also didnt like the way the relay cover looked so i decided to make a new one.. first coating it in mirror black but i didnt like that either so i went satin instead!

So i used these from a 2000 s10

and cut the end off

The factory cover

bending by hand 

Mikiedriftsjunk
10/29/18 8:52 p.m.

The C-pillar trim on the outside was looking rather rough as well, and so were my door panels still.. so it was time to give them a refresh!

The door panels!

Mikiedriftsjunk
10/29/18 8:56 p.m.

Then i had noticed the heater core leaking.. just as you think youre making progress something bites you in the butt. So i had to tackle that before getting ready for my tune date!

Had some time to kill so we pulled it out to get some pictures! 

I was not posing i was talking.. but every will call me a liar ! hahaha

Mikiedriftsjunk
10/29/18 8:59 p.m.

New qucik release and steering wheel showed up as well!! so we got those on before we hit the dyno.. I had great success on the dyno! the car made more power than i was expecting. Stock LS1 with BTR stage 3 cam and BTR springs.. Haltech and my headers..

418rwhp / 397rwtq!

Of course i had to add my own touch to the hub!

ON they dyno!! Hal at dynosty in louisville always takes care of my tunes!

Mikiedriftsjunk
10/29/18 9:01 p.m.

And finally i got to finish getting the front end on... The fog lights are boring so i spiced them up a bit! something about yellow fogs on a black car makes me happy!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
10/30/18 2:33 p.m.

In reply to Mikiedriftsjunk :

Looks like you may have overfilled the fogs with blinker fluid...  ;-)

also, as usual, you have done nice work here.   Damn, i dig this car a lot!

Mikiedriftsjunk
10/30/18 11:02 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to Mikiedriftsjunk :

Looks like you may have overfilled the fogs with blinker fluid...  ;-)

also, as usual, you have done nice work here.   Damn, i dig this car a lot!

Freshly topped off! ;)  but thank you! For real, I truly appreciate it. 

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZoWgHaKA0B0pt3z5BQvvGMzEXQgpPvxJJFJJMPu5Bwf0Uc9dThjmGSfFBB8Cbxzh