Indy - Guy UltimaDork
10/9/24 9:18 a.m.

Headed South again, but this time with Indy-kid #3

Hit up the exact same Jack's for amazing breakfast biscuits:

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/9/24 11:19 a.m.

Safe trip!

Did not receive any bites from the 1800list group.  But if you can get the body/chassis numbers from the two parts cars, that may help the community a bit.

My only comment is if the nose sheet metal of the blue car doesn't look too rusty (assuming the car will likely go to scrap and you have room), it may be worth cutting off and saving.  It's a common rust area on 1800s and while there are patch panels available to rebuild the headlight area, there are 4 of them (not including the inside shroud metal) at around $400 ea, so a solid nose piece is worth a few bucks.   The nose metal I bought for my car was $350 from a vendor at Carlisle some years ago. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
10/9/24 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks for the tip on the nose sheet metal.  There are plans in the works to keep most of it from going to the scrap yard. yes

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
10/9/24 9:29 p.m.

We packed the Town and Country to the gills with goodies.

Grabbed all the relevant bits for the P1800 and the Left over Miata parts for recoup $$.  Then hit the road heading North again:

Buckees again. Then a pit stop in Kentucky:

And here's another team shot with the next generation joining in: (definitely a Father-Son effort here)

Home safely now.  It's amazing how exhausting just sitting around driving for 16 hours can be.  Gonna sleep well tonight 

6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DbqHYVbn6QK4VMkuNXag8rhT99i7lAAGsHj1hAmJVOqfK9qJtrMbfoYYxHqgi8hc