RacetruckRon Dork
7/20/21 5:44 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Just shot you an email

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/20/21 7:31 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

Woohoo got more Nader parts.  Nice meeting you and seeing that Ram.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
7/20/21 8:25 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to RacetruckRon :

Woohoo got more Nader parts.  Nice meeting you and seeing that Ram.

Uh .....er that just doesn't quite sound all that suitable for prime time.....wink

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/21/21 10:48 a.m.

So if you followed the Leaf adventure we traded Michael a Leaf with dead ass batteries for Darth Nader. Not only did we come out ahead, Michael is even going to give away the Leaf soon. 

Last few days Nader has taken a vacation at my brother's house in Anderson SC. I'm sure his neighbors have been questioning his life choices. 

Today we took Nader down to Jackson SC to visit my nephew on the farm. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
7/21/21 8:34 p.m.

How come this tour wasn't mentioned sooner so those of us that could tag along would......I'd a bought a ticket wink Is DusterDb13 totally outta the picture now?

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/21/21 8:59 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

No DusterDb13 is still my side piece.  Just don't tell his wife.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
7/21/21 9:45 p.m.

So why is Nader getting to tour the US on a trailer?

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/22/21 6:15 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Michael has a lot going on right now in his life.  He and I talked a bit ago and it was decided that it was best for me to continue with Nader's build.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
7/23/21 1:02 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Fair.  Hope life straightens out for him.
You need someone to help you wrench and I'll come up and visit.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/23/21 6:14 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

It will eventually. 

It hasn't been the time for a major fabrication build in a year, and the next few don't look good either. Just life on life's terms. (Edit): don't mean it to sound ominous. Just a lot of people and relationships that need undivided attention and time before its no longer an option. More of a refocus of priority and taking care of people. My folks are needing me way more than sheetmetal ever did, and unfortunately it took a stroke and a heart attack for me to see it 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
7/23/21 7:42 a.m.

It's been so long since an update... What all does it need? Where does the project currently stand? I would love to help out in any way. I think I'm located about halfway between you and Stampie? 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/23/21 4:38 p.m.

Nader's home.

Right now it's on the trailer still hooked to the truck. Behind it are two more trailers. Then a BMW. Then the Lotus. The Lotus needs to come to the front and Nader needs to be in the middle. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
7/23/21 7:41 p.m.

Stamps describe this lash down with the straps ..are those wheel loops a life saver..............bro i gota buncha trailer 'hardware' but not alot of free time.....looking at what you did here and I'm likin' what i see ...can you be a bit more pacific//or perhaps call/text.........tanz...late

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/23/21 8:15 p.m.

Those are 31 inch wheel straps I got at TSC.  On smaller wheels I like to go through the whole wheel.  These wheels were a little too wide for that.  This trailer is smaller than I mine which is still temptation resistant broken so the best strapping I could come up with is rear wheels pulled forward and front wheels pulled rearward.  I would pull the drivers front until Lil Stampie yelled at me that the wheel was moving.  Then drivers rear.  Then passenger front and passenger rear.  Check 10 minutes or right before the interstate whichever comes first then check every stop afterwards.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/23/21 8:17 p.m.

I think a lot of us need a plot refresh on where this all started, with what plans/intentions and how it came to be here along what path. 

Gotta be a story.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/23/21 8:21 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Basically I was looking at Patrick's car like it was my neighbor's wife and since he was cool with it he sent her over without telling his actual wife.  Plans are iffy.  Challenge was Patrick's plan.  I'd love to do so if possible.  My plan is to love it and hug it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/23/21 8:41 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Michael has a lot going on right now in his life.  He and I talked a bit ago and it was decided that it was best for me to continue with Nader's build.

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
6/18/22 5:06 p.m.

Sorry for raising a dead thread.... But with Dug and Igor, when will Nader get some attention? Or did it slip away to someone else now? 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/18/22 5:28 p.m.

In reply to StripesSA1 :

Lil Stampie brought up the same topic this afternoon. We just moved Nader a couple of weeks ago clearing out space for a shop. I think Nader will wait on the shop because Dug is teaching me a hard lesson that I'm too old to be working on dirt. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/13/23 6:13 p.m.

UPDATE PLEASE....THIS DESERVES MOAR RESPECT!!!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
11/13/23 6:37 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

I parted it out years ago and sent the rest to the junkyard.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
11/13/23 9:56 p.m.
Stampie said:

Nader's home.

Right now it's on the trailer still hooked to the truck. Behind it are two more trailers. Then a BMW. Then the Lotus. The Lotus needs to come to the front and Nader needs to be in the middle. 

I must say that Nader looks like a cars that should be driven around town to events like Cars and Coffee.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
7/11/24 3:50 p.m.

Is this going to get some lovin' any time soon?

maschinenbau
maschinenbau PowerDork
7/11/24 4:07 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

It's in Stampie's yard, so no. 

dyintorace
dyintorace UltimaDork
7/11/24 4:25 p.m.

I'd love to see Darth Nader make it to the Challenge. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G2qhEC1Y2lcu66qFARZQfJ9wls6Zmh7b3APkEz7e2rrB0pV5u9AMhni2cPdVQtbD