5 6 7 8 9
Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/4/23 11:00 p.m.

I think that he bought a Carvana vending machine to go in there.

iansane
iansane Dork
4/5/23 10:41 a.m.

In reply to Kreb (Forum Supporter) :

Damn, that's a good idea. I wonder if there are any nearby that are closing...

iansane
iansane Dork
4/5/23 11:10 a.m.
dyintorace said:
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

i forgot what was in this thread so i went back to page 1.  damn son, this thread delivers!

I just did the same and am blown away. One of the best, most GRM threads on the forum! 

Hey, thanks! Sometimes I feel like I don't get enough done around here.

In reply to MyMiatas :

IIRC, the building manager said 30 or 33 feet?

birdmayne
birdmayne HalfDork
4/5/23 11:29 a.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

I think that he bought a Carvana vending machine to go in there.

I already have dibs on stashing 18 cars there. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
4/5/23 11:38 a.m.
iansane said:

Bought some new scales. Had to try them with something in the shop. All wireless. Pretty cool!

Any chance you might sell the old scales?

iansane
iansane Dork
4/5/23 4:39 p.m.

Ha! I guess I worded that poorly. I don't have any old scales. Sorry.

iansane
iansane Dork
7/20/23 12:24 p.m.

Okay, this might be a little premature. But I'm buying another car. My guy is going to go over tuesday to look at it, make sure it's what's advertised and if so buy it and ship it to me.

I'm very excited.

iansane
iansane Dork
3/6/24 11:39 a.m.

Well that took longer than expected.

Threw some new tires on it because it looked so....pedestrian.

And then found some PO hackery.

And right now I'm waiting for a power steering pump to show up because it blew all it's seals out as soon as I rolled it out of the port.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist HalfDork
3/6/24 2:44 p.m.

Great update! Defenders are truly bad ass. What's the drivetrain? I knew a guy that was into those things big time. Some of them are worth stupid money. That one looks like it's one of the stupid money ones.

How is the rest of the fleet doing? Jag still sitting in the corner contemplating her misdeeds? BMW wagon still autotragic and slow? Race team? Etc...

iansane
iansane Dork
3/6/24 3:58 p.m.

In reply to rdcyclist :

This one is a 200tdi. Two and half litre turbo diesel with a whopping 107hp. And it feels like it. It feels slower than my 22re motorhome. Obviously it's going to get swapped but I'm not sure with what yet. I guess a lot of people use a BMW diesel; which I've always wanted to play with. I think this one was a pretty good find. It needs some work but it's a LHD, with a/c and literally no rust. I unbolted the mudflaps yesterday and the bolts came out like the truck was brand new. It was crazy. But, it spent most of it's life on an island off the coast of spain.

I should have been updating lots of things but haven't. The jag received coilovers, and I'm in talks with a UK company on a standalone ecu that can speak the language of CANbus to really take advantage of the manual swap. It definitely needs to get driven more.

The bmw wagon received an m42 and manual trans when my girlfriend put a hole in the oilpan of the stock motor and ran it dry. Also some compomotive wheels!

And then some different compomotive wheels!

(got some special indoor treatment at a local 80s/90s radwood-esque event.

budget_bandit
budget_bandit New Reader
3/6/24 5:02 p.m.
iansane said:

In reply to rdcyclist :

This one is a 200tdi. Two and half litre turbo diesel with a whopping 107hp. And it feels like it. It feels slower than my 22re motorhome. Obviously it's going to get swapped but I'm not sure with what yet. I guess a lot of people use a BMW diesel; which I've always wanted to play with. I think this one was a pretty good find. It needs some work but it's a LHD, with a/c and literally no rust. I unbolted the mudflaps yesterday and the bolts came out like the truck was brand new. It was crazy. But, it spent most of it's life on an island off the coast of spain.

I should have been updating lots of things but haven't. The jag received coilovers, and I'm in talks with a UK company on a standalone ecu that can speak the language of CANbus to really take advantage of the manual swap. It definitely needs to get driven more.

The bmw wagon received an m42 and manual trans when my girlfriend put a hole in the oilpan of the stock motor and ran it dry. Also some compomotive wheels!

And then some [i]different[/i] compomotive wheels!

Am i understanding correctly that at about 1 year of ownership you had to re-engine the car because it seized due to lack of oil? ouchies

iansane
iansane Dork
3/7/24 10:24 a.m.

In reply to budget_bandit :

Oh yeah, I bought the car knowing I was going to engine swap it. I had planned on a better engine than another 4banger but it was a stop gap to keep the car a driver while I picked whatever engine would stick with it awhile.

budget_bandit
budget_bandit New Reader
3/7/24 10:34 a.m.

In reply to iansane :

copy that!

Sidenote, i remember your trans am (and username) from TGO. I spent a lot of time there, years ago, when my 86 was my daily driver

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
3/7/24 10:40 a.m.
iansane said:

In reply to rdcyclist :

I was a 100% true believer that the absolutely best wheels for that era BMW were the M-Parallels:

But now you have me questioning everything.  Your car looks Amazing!

spandak
spandak Dork
3/7/24 12:20 p.m.
iansane said:

In reply to rdcyclist :

Woof. That is stunning. I have a serious soft spot for old Bimmers and this is making me feel things. 

iansane
iansane Dork
3/7/24 1:28 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Hey thanks!

I really like Mparallels (and most split 5 spoke designs) but they were permanently ruined for me when I saw them on a dilapidated Honda Ridgeline.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/7/24 2:54 p.m.
iansane said:

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Hey thanks!

I really like Mparallels (and most split 5 spoke designs) but they were permanently ruined for me when I saw them on a dilapidated Honda Ridgeline.

🤢🤮

iansane
iansane Dork
3/14/24 2:42 p.m.

I'm not sure I'm doing this right.

rustomatic
rustomatic HalfDork
3/14/24 5:19 p.m.

The Defender is awesome.  Some of the good character may lie in the slowness.  When I LS-ed my E28 BMW, I missed the old turbo diesel (which stopped working).  On the other side of things, Kibbetech has been turning one of those (Defenders) into a luxury pre-runner . . .

iansane
iansane SuperDork
4/3/24 5:35 p.m.

I honestly have no will power.

I bought two more vehicles.

iansane
iansane SuperDork
4/4/24 11:11 a.m.

And a comically small steering wheel.

1978 3500 chev. 454 w/ t400. Is it bad that I'm already looking at manual swapping it? This thing is in amazing shape. Cab corners, rockers, frame rails all have absolutely no rust. It's amazing. I can't say I've seen a squarebody with this little amount of rust since the 90s.

Also, I bought a biturbo.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
4/4/24 11:15 a.m.

the ramp truck and biturbo combo makes sense

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/4/24 2:24 p.m.

Ramp truck!!!!

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
4/4/24 2:41 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

BiTurbo !

Are you going to show us, or just keep us hanging?

iansane
iansane SuperDork
4/4/24 2:49 p.m.

I haven't exactly told the girlfriend (who has placed me on a vehicular purchasing limit already...) that I bought a weird italian compact that doesn't run more often than it does...

But here we are;

It does drive, but he had so many spare parts that it was easier just towing it. I stumbled upon a bringatriler auction and it was cheaper than I thought it should be.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-maserati-biturbo-14/

It's in AMAZING shape. Aside from the roof/decklid this is the nicest biturbo I've ever seen. It's ridiculously quirky and pretty quick. It is carb'd and does have a tip-in stumble which I have no idea how to alleviate.

On my test drive it cracked over 666 miles on the trip odo and I figured that was a sign.

5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ChsiLuSSfWuoc9QwwMTu4eZtikHYSOQkjqKOKBUCWzGraysrJniylNyTFRarpbdC