43 44 45
Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/4/23 8:50 p.m.

In reply to Gimp (Forum Supporter) :

No i paid a not small amount for a 3.73 with factory lsd, which is very noisy. The one from you is in the 57 with a rebuilt locker

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
8/16/24 1:43 p.m.

Time passes, things sit, then I fix them. 

took a ride last night, we back. This time without an adapter plate and an actual chevy pattern th350 from my dad, that's been sitting for probably 28 years, that functions just fine. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
8/16/24 3:51 p.m.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
8/24/24 11:48 a.m.

swapped the leaky holley out for a demon. Need to dial it in a tad but other than idle adjustment it went right on and already runs better. 

2 things: i might need some inserts in the turnouts to quiet it down a little and the 5 gallon fuel cell was a mistake. I have a 10 gallon I can put in. Initially this was a quarter mile at a time car but it's honestly so easy to drive and well behaved that I love it on the street. It goes fast, turns fine, stops great, no play anywhere. I'd like to shake whoever's hand designed the chassis and suspension(wink) because it's berkeleying perfect. All the old school "you're going to hate owning a gasser" dudes underestimated my ability to make a functional car. Driver's seat will also need addressed and I still need to do the rear door seals and window channel inserts but I would absolutely trust it to take me anywhere provided there is no rain. 

picked up a tallllll air gap intake for it as well but that'll wait quite a while to go on I'm sure as there is no reason to take anything apart

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/2/24 5:42 p.m.

Took a leftover chunk of 3/4" pink foam insulation board and the harbor freight workout mat that I used to not slide off the metal roof in the "patrick builds a garage and addition" saga from 2020-21 and turned them into a seat back cushion and headrest. Had some spray adhesive left from an old countertop job and got the job done for $0, much like most of the rest of the car.

also popped on a $2 bin store mirror so I can see behind me 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/5/24 3:41 p.m.

Bigger tank was in order (and on the shelf)

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
9/5/24 9:46 p.m.

This car is so bonkers in all the right ways...

Looking great, Patrick!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle PowerDork
9/8/24 4:52 p.m.

Hey Patrick. Have you ever crossed paths with a guy called Jason from Wadsworth? I have a 35th HS reunion coming up and was exploring my wife's Facebook for classmate info.. and I discovered he built a gasser that is a pretty cool tribute car for a long ago speed shop called Otie's.

Haven't seen the guy in 35 years but I'm well down this rabbit hole reading about it. 

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/new-build-oties-automotive-b-a-fiat-topolino-tribute.1003256/

43 44 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YhX3NRrEz8Mcei0XbJxZL1I4eHoJsx5XA15UPeL0KAOK8HG9NOsSG3Hvf1xWxVU9