ripley_r
ripley_r None
12/5/14 7:25 p.m.

I have this car for sale, located in Nova Scotia Canada.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1034021246

The car was brought into Canada in 2006 I believe. I have owned it about 2.5 years, my son was driving it to school before he went to university. It has been rust checked since it came here. The body is in very good shape for its age, not a show car but not a rust bucket. I fixed a couple of small holes in the bottom of the front fenders (welded pieces) and in the rear quarter by the jack in the trunk. There are a number of door dings no rust and before I bought it some one hit it in the drivers rear quarter and dented it in, had a quote about $800 for a professional fix and repaint. Water pump was recently changed, also new battery, It had a remote transmission cooler installed, new brakes; rotors and pads on front and calipers,discs and pads (including e brake and backing plates), a new gas tank (it was leaking at seam ) all about 2 years ago. This is a solid car that needs some work but overall quite good.

The major bad points are: 1 the power locks stopped working, traced to control module, got a guy trying to fix it now, it had water in it. About$ 50 for another one. 2 the transmission started slipping in September, it is still working but... I purchased another transmission and will be installing it in the Spring if the car does not sell. Transmission to go with car for buyer. 3 headliner drooping

If after this info you are still interested, please e mail back and we can set up a viewing/ test drive. I am trying to be as up front as possible and represent the car as it is.

Richard

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
12/6/14 7:49 p.m.

I'm extremely happy you're so far away from me.....

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
12/8/14 9:55 a.m.

In reply to irish44j:

ditto

ripley_r
ripley_r New Reader
12/18/14 7:06 p.m.

In reply to irish44j: They having a thing called shipping, come on someone out there must want this unique machine.

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 New Reader
12/19/14 9:51 a.m.

I'm guessing with the slipping transmission it would be ill advised to attempt driving this 23 hours back home to MI?

Although I'm still tempted as a) its cool because its from my birth year. b) it'd be the second GRM members BMW wagon I've driven an "absurd" distance to buy.

stinkycheezmonky
stinkycheezmonky New Reader
12/19/14 12:48 p.m.

So...any idea what would be involved with getting this thing US-legal? I read some of the articles regarding importation from Europe recently, but I'm not sure how different it would be from Canada.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
12/20/14 10:57 a.m.

25 years old. Should be fine.

ripley_r
ripley_r New Reader
1/14/15 7:44 p.m.

Still for sale.

OutsideGroove
OutsideGroove New Reader
1/28/15 10:34 a.m.

Damn, if only this wasn't the worst time of year to sell a Porsche 944, I might try for this.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Oy17vOrwu6JnOTMwjH0csUyUdTeTp9VLgXtDgOdXRrClGrQ6EyWY4UC73xKk9exZ