1 2
TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/7/19 10:55 a.m.

I haven't listed this car anywhere else. The GRM price is $500. The car is located in Ithaca NY. You will need a trailer. I have a clear NY title. I have both sets of keys with remotes.

I need to get rid of my SVT Focus. I live in an apartment and need to get it gone ASAP. It was resto-built by forum member Scottah, whom I purchased it from nearly 4 years ago with just under 200k miles. It has around 208,000 miles on the odometer now.

It is a CD Silver 2002 Ford SVT Focus ZX3 with a blue interior. It starts, runs and moves under its own power. It broke the right-hand rear lower control arm a while back. I replaced the broken arm, along with a bunch of other suspension parts on that side. The result was some really berkeleyed geometry on that side. I then bought an adjustable upper control arm to try to correct for the funky geometry. I was unable to get the chassis side fasteners loose, so I took it to a local shop that I trust. They tried, to no avail, to get the fasteners loose. The next step was to remove the rear subframe so that better access to the offending fasteners could be had. 3 out of the 4 subframe bolts came out fine. The 4th bolt broke off up in the body. I stopped work there, as I didn't have unlimited cash to throw at this problem. I got it towed back to my apartment and there it sits. I start it up every couple of weeks and let it warm up before giving it the beans a couple of times, letting it idle a bit longer and then shutting down. It has developed a bit of smokiness after burning nearly an entire tank of 93 whilst mostly idling. I am fairly confident that the smokiness will clear up after it is properly flogged to blow all of the crap out of the rings.

Transmission shifts great. Had new LUK clutch at around 170k.

Sunroof works and doesn't leak, but needs some help closing sometimes. Probably better to leave it shut. 

I am a former smoker and the car has been smoked in, but smells mostly of "leather" scent little trees.

The driver seat bottom has a burn hole. The passenger seat bottom has gum permanently smeared into it.

The car wears crappy BBS licensed ASA 5 spoke 16x6 wheels. The wheels wear even crappier Black Lion Cilerro tires in the factory size, in good condition with minimal wear.

Headlights are cheap Chinese units, lens plastic is heavily crazed. 

I bought the car with a 6/10 body and it remains about the same. The driver side door and rear fender are a bit wrinkly.  Paint has blemishes. Some rust, as is to be expected. Front grille is missing all of it's tabs and is attached with one 175lb HVAC zip tie. Spare grille with blacked out turn signals included. 

Includes some of the parts to do the rear lower control arm on the left side.

Brakes work well. Parking brake works and is well adjusted.

AC worked before I put a non-AC serpentine belt on due to bad compressor clutch. New AC compressor clutch included with sale.

Car has pigeon poop on the exterior from sitting in my carport.

Would make a good project and an even better parts donor.

The sale of this car will allow me to complete the repair of the rear axle in my 1st gen Tundra.

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/7/19 11:02 a.m.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
10/7/19 11:30 a.m.

Sorry to hear the rear suspension has given you such fits, Dan. Ford didn’t use anti seaze on the suspension of these cars and it shows.  I’d buy this back in a minute if you were closer. 

Want to add that this car had a new rebuilt head before I bought it and I replaced the timing belt with the proper Ford Tensioner. I also re did a bunch of little things like water pump, valve cover gasket, powder coated valve cover, new coolant hoses, etc right before you bought it. The front shocks/springs were also low mileage take offs.as well.  I believe I put new front control arms on as well? 

Either way, great buy and possible challenge contender. Cheap enough to add boost.

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/7/19 11:52 a.m.

There is nothing to be sorry about, Scott. The car was an absolute blast to daily drive and scratched a 15 year itch for me. You built a great car. If we can figure out how to get it back to you that would be awesome. 

Edit: Thank you for filling in the rest of the details on the car's history. Super helpful.

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/7/19 11:56 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

I believe I put new front control arms on as well? 

I would guess so. The suspension is nice and tight.

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/7/19 12:15 p.m.

Things I'm remembering as I go along:

Needs a new battery hold down. the bolt is broken off in the nut. Both pieces are replaceable and available.

Has a newer Motorcraft coil pack, plug wires (I think) and Motorcraft copper plugs.

Passenger side motor mount is shot. Solid aftermarket replacement included.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/7/19 12:55 p.m.

Had one of these almost exactly the same, down to cig burn holes in the seats...

Loved that car!

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/7/19 2:06 p.m.

If an admin reads this, can I please get a title edit to reflect the $500 asking price?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/7/19 2:30 p.m.

Am I understanding that everything about the engine/ drivetrain is fine?

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/7/19 5:55 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

As far as I know everything is good with the engine and drivetrain. 

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
10/7/19 6:01 p.m.

If I was close by.....this would be sold

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/7/19 6:04 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Ithaca NY, centrally isolated. 

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
10/7/19 6:46 p.m.
TenToeTurbo said:

In reply to Antihero :

Ithaca NY, centrally isolated. 

I'm in North Idaho lol

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/7/19 8:39 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

That's a whole different kind of centrally isolated. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
10/7/19 9:16 p.m.

878 miles from Mont Al to Ithaca NY

Hmmmmm

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
10/8/19 5:49 a.m.

I know someone here has an empty trailer going from bumbleberkeley New York to Atlanta, right?  Right? 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
10/8/19 6:46 a.m.

I just submitted a uShip request for shipping. We will see if it’s reasonable or not. 

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/8/19 8:10 p.m.

Make my day. Buy my SVT. 

thedoc
thedoc Reader
10/8/19 8:31 p.m.

Oh man.  I lost my act last March. T boned in an accident.  My second s v t and this one had a supercharger.  Dang, if I had space I would come and get it.  Love these cars. Fun and super practical.

So many cars, so little storage....

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
10/8/19 9:29 p.m.
TenToeTurbo said:

In reply to Antihero :

That's a whole different kind of centrally isolated. 

True and I've already done my fly and drive for the year 

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Dork
10/8/19 9:39 p.m.

If it's still for sale I'm interested as a 2020 challenge car.  

Help getting it to TX would be nice but I can also hire uship since its no hit to the budget.

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/9/19 8:38 a.m.

Still for sale.

Jimbo86
Jimbo86 New Reader
10/10/19 12:50 a.m.

Pm sent.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
10/10/19 2:24 a.m.
TenToeTurbo said:

If an admin reads this, can I please get a title edit to reflect the $500 asking price?

Yup, apologies it took so long

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
10/10/19 6:54 a.m.
Jimbo86 said:

Pm sent.

Emailed back. Thanks. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FAEpqiWSPSYMiOrp2nlRii9m9yLtfTlj6aVMC53GBnQQXYt0DGeC9nU4nuPBNKdk