1 2 3
akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/7/24 7:27 a.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

Sorry to hear about your mom.

I want the BMW, Audi, Jaaaag, but I'm at three projects right now so not the time.

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
9/7/24 8:53 a.m.
akylekoz said:

In reply to P3PPY :

Subaru?

Yes, and Saab. 2005 Saab 9-2x Linear (NA) auto

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
9/7/24 8:54 a.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

Oh no man. I'm sorry to hear that. That's hard news

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/7/24 12:02 p.m.

My mother is back home. It was a heart attack,  so she has to take it easy. She's 85vand my dad is 93. Both live with me.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/8/24 3:40 p.m.

Pulled plugs. Looks like the NGK Iridiums are looking tired. Ordering a new set and going to attempt to clean the contacts in the coils

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/8/24 4:06 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

I may be willing to make it worth your while 😉

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/9/24 3:44 p.m.

Fresh plugs in. No CELs so far. Need to drive it more

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/11/24 11:37 p.m.

A few more miles. No lights, codes, anything. Sick right now or I would be posting more.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/13/24 5:28 p.m.

Bump. It's still here. I'll reluctantly be putting on FB soon. Then the tire kicking will commence 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
9/13/24 5:34 p.m.

How is this not sold? I have no need for it, but it's worth buying just to have a spare vehicle around.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/13/24 5:47 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

How is this not sold? I have no need for it, but it's worth buying just to have a spare vehicle around.

The distance from me is the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/13/24 7:42 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

You know there are shipping companies 😉.

Not sure where you are but I shipped my 67 bug to northern Michigan for $350

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/13/24 7:44 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

Yeah, especially since she gas new plugs, ancillary belt,  tensioner and idler pulley. Over $200 in parts. Oh and MAF $30. Forgot I just did that too, lol. The plugs were NGK iridium 

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
9/13/24 8:58 p.m.

Well the Mrs got wind of the Q5 and is planning out a family road trip to go get it or deciding which child(ren) to fly down with me to fly-n-drive. "Just sell the Saab real quick"

"real quick"

Ma'am, you have no idea. 

It just so happens that her middle name is Audi and this would be primarily *her* winter car, so there's that.

Maybe I would have better luck parting the Saab instead 

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/13/24 9:25 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Throw in a couple of hundred and the Saababaru....  But let me put some miles on her 1st.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/13/24 9:27 p.m.

I'd plan on valve cover gaskets and coils in tge near future as the gaskets definitely haveca slow leak and the coils are probably the originals wire about 140k on them.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/13/24 9:27 p.m.

You're welcome to do the coils here before the trip.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/14/24 9:40 a.m.

P3PPY, did you list your 92x here?

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
9/14/24 10:21 p.m.

I think we will be good to go on our end. I hate to count my chickens before they hatch, but the upstream O2 sensor should fix the stuttering and I have a few people lined up to see the car. 

FWIW, listing the car as a Saab got me hardly any results. However, I got a bunch of hits ASAP after listing it as a Subaru and then explaining in the details how it's a Saab. Makes sense, I guess. Everyone knows what a Subaru is, but a Saab has always been strange. 
Funny though, i had no idea some people just read the title and then message you. My first couple messages were ppl telling me "hey that's not a Subaru, that's a Saab" including one guy who helpfully explained that it's a 9.3. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/15/24 12:00 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

9 3. Lol. Did you end up correcting him?

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
9/15/24 8:28 a.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

Yes, very politely

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0ruqMjOkkDRwZyUSJMmE5TiofPyoUl26ghJXTuTpZTRdaaZy5CsBLPRk1Ob39pH4