¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dork
5/27/16 12:14 p.m.

Dude, what are you doing? Go get it, pick up your wife's favorite food or something on the way home.

RedGT
RedGT Reader
5/27/16 12:17 p.m.

That's essentially been done twice this winter. Believe me I tried every option besides "killing our only day together on this gorgeous coming weekend."

I was nearly set to retrieve it at the crack of dawn sunday rather than going racing, but I'd have to take money from the non-screw-around budget to do it on such short notice and I'm not going there.

I even almost messaged you about that shiny new trailer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dork
5/27/16 12:20 p.m.

So what you're saying is, I should take a trip to NY this weekend...

RedGT
RedGT Reader
5/27/16 12:24 p.m.

Please do. Hell if you want to gamble on the drive up there, if it is as good as it seems you can bring it to me and I'll cover your expenses. :D

If it's half as good as it seems you can still sell it to a kid in Jersey for $4k.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
5/27/16 12:26 p.m.

Someone certainly should....

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
5/27/16 12:52 p.m.

Could you go snag it under the pretenses that you're buying it to flip? Or that you PROMISE you'll sell something else to make room for this? That's a heck of a deal.

RedGT
RedGT Reader
5/27/16 1:03 p.m.

It's the actual time to snag it that is a large part of the issue. I could ditch a bunch of family events but I don't want to.

At any rate, me getting it is 100% out unless someone fronts a grand and delivers. (So, me getting it is 100% out.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dork
5/27/16 1:08 p.m.

If the vehicle I'm supposed to be selling tomorrow actually goes away then maybe, Miata ergonomics disagree with me without a race seat, but I do have a few laying around...

RedGT
RedGT Reader
5/27/16 1:34 p.m.

They disagree with everyone over 6'. I've had the same foamectomied seat in 4 different cars now. Furthest I drove one with a stock seat was 40 miles home. ONCE.

WushuMR2
WushuMR2 New Reader
6/2/16 6:15 p.m.

So wait, is there or is there not an amazing turbo Miata?

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
6/3/16 8:05 a.m.

...I see no link or photos or information.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
6/3/16 8:30 a.m.
Jerry wrote: ...I see no link or photos or information.

Me either!

Buy it or share it so we can!

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
6/3/16 8:41 a.m.

It was shared last weekend. Maybe the ad was still up and he has the time/money to pick it up this weekend?

RedGT
RedGT Reader
6/3/16 10:48 a.m.

I botched an edit attempt on mobile and deleted the first post, figured no one cared.

Ad still active:

https://binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/5605227069.html

It is turbocharged according to the seller, who knows jack E36 M3 about cars and bought it from an elderly neighbor for his fiance to drive and now they want to sell for honeymoon money. Or so the story goes. For all I know it has an "electric supercharger" but it sounds like the previous owner put a lot of love and money into it so I am betting it is a great deal waiting to be snagged and the guy doesn't realize the turbo is not a normal thing. I mean $2500 for a rust free driver ain't bad to begin with.

Asked a few follow up questions by text, got no response. Seller never took the engine bay photos he said he was going to. Had no need to waste any more of the guy's time by phone since I still can't get up there. Sounds stupid I know, but 5 hours of free time all at once is tough to come by and I don't care enough to kill a day of racing to go look at a car. Getting info from the guy is like pulling teeth.

Is anyone local enough to call and take a look at it?

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
6/6/16 7:59 p.m.

Deleted by the author

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0LQdoLqIAOL3vA4b16d0buuoMUZtIAsWtZbPA8PEDfkW9HHQ8DeubNNCDYBVq5G3