WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
5/2/24 3:06 p.m.

*Sold for the low low price of $Free.99* 

I'm not sure of the year and never did get a title for it, but it was a 2.5/5sp 4wd that has a 4L & 5sp dropped in from a donor '93 xj IIRC but never finished. The floor is currently cut out of it, although the structural parts appear to be there(will verify with another pic when I get home), outer body seems fairly solid and straight. Front seats are there, but most of the interior probably isn't. I have the grill, tail lights, and a 6-2-1 header in the garage for it. I admittedly don't know too much about it as it was originally just stored up here before the PO gave it to me. 

This is indeed $Free.99 to the GRM community as I would rather it go to someone who will do something with it. I'll give you guys first crack for the month of May. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
5/2/24 4:00 p.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul? :

That looks shockingly rust free for residing in Indiana.

This would make a good Father-Son project, how soon do you need it to go away.  I hate asking this on a free offer, but is it a "there can NEVER be a title" situation, or "it'll take a bunch of leg work and $$ to get a title" situation.  Not a deal breaker, but changes the path taken with it.

Edit: Also, good to see you posting here again, how ya been?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/2/24 4:02 p.m.

is that Ben's old one?

WOW Really Paul?
5/2/24 4:23 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Nope, however one of his Miata's is sitting under a tarp on the other side of the garage. I'm about to just put a winch on the tilt bed and leave it in his front yard. 

WOW Really Paul?
5/2/24 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

That's a bit unknown, it probably can be had with some leg work or at the very least letting them know not to contest the bonded route. I can put you in contact with who should know however. And thanks, life has just kept me away from being on forums all the time. 

edit: Time frame for pickup is negotiable as it's not like it's going anywhere, although sooner is better. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/2/24 9:49 p.m.

Dang. That'll be one sweet rig for someone! I think by 93 that should be an ax15 trans, which if my jeep knowledge isn't way out of date, is definitely the one to have.

WOW Really Paul?
5/3/24 2:23 p.m.

Front floor & tunnel is mostly cut out due to pan rust. Only the are under the front seats is cut out. 

RickyBobby2024
RickyBobby2024 New Reader
5/7/24 2:37 p.m.

I want this! Paul please let me know if it's still available. My cell is 317-701-1662. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
5/7/24 4:03 p.m.

I can vouch for RickyBobby2024.  He's a legit gearhead and will give it a good home.

RickyBobby2024
5/8/24 9:54 a.m.

Want!!! Please please please 

WOW Really Paul?
5/12/24 1:36 a.m.

In reply to RickyBobby2024 :

Will send a txt tomorrow. 

RickyBobby2024
5/12/24 5:50 p.m.

Great talk to you then 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
5/15/24 8:45 p.m.

I have word that the eagle has landed.   

And yes, that is the free (bad decision triangle) RX-8 in the background (next to the  Prius.)

WOW Really Paul?
5/15/24 8:53 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

For something like this, I'm glad it headed to someone that wanted to do something with it. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
5/15/24 9:45 p.m.

Yep. It found a good home.

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
5/18/24 9:48 a.m.

That looks like race car material to me.

RickyBobby, when are you starting a build thread?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2CdIPZpsh0EWSswzJ8DeAzaZ1D1QqT8LqNZm8WG7Xwd52AQOquYNoyCoWCIak7eb