1 2
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
2/25/23 2:39 p.m.

I've decided that I might make some changes to hobbies etc, and part of that is de-accumulating vehicles that I don't use that much or that I barely drive, yet they don't grip me enough to hang around. Advertising them here first because I also don't want to deal with FB flakes if I can help it.

And yes, this thread is worthless without pictures. I'll try to add those tomorrow.

First up, my 1996 F250 Powerstroke. 7.3L Powerstroke (duh) single cab long bed with a nice metal camper shell. 4x4, automatic w/ 320k-ish miles, practically rust free for the area (Nevada truck, we brought it with us when we moved to WV about four years ago). some minor body damage and a pile of receipts from my ownership that I never, ever want to add up. Definitely more than I paid for the truck and more than I'm asking for it.

2018 16" FIve Star car trailer - I'm the first owner, it's a car trailer that's exactly the right size for Miatas, BRZen, SAAB 9-3s etc. Probably has about 5000 miles on it, if that.

Ideally I'd like to sell both together, looking for around $7500 for both as the GRM price. Will entertain a trade for a Miata or a Harley Electra Glide/Ultra Glide, although I really shouldn't.

2004 SAAB 9-3 SE automatic with about 145k on the odometer. Last year of the OG 9-3, good condition bodywise and overall OK. Has a VW-like affinity for check engine lights, happily drives and boosts. More reliable than my recently purchased LX470 (don't ask) but it doesn't quite fit what I needed it to do and I need another ongoing project like I need a hole in my head. Gets 28mpg, chirps the tires, comes with a second set of wheels. Has had a bunch of recent work (new water pump, rear brakes, MAF, boost control value etc). I think $2500 is a fair price for it, although if you convince me that you'll take it to the challenge I'll make the price challenge friendly

2001 Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE. Yes, it's a project, surprise. About 150k miles on it, CA truck. Run and drives, has an airbag leak front left. Bunch of minor stuff that needs attention, too. I did a bunch of work on it that unfortunately showed me that the people we used to pay to maintain it seemed to have a bit of a "1970s British Leyland" approach to workmanship. It does have a slight misfire at low revs that I've been trying to chase, and also needs a new used interior consult side panel. I think $1500 is a fair GRM price for it - I'd ask double on FB marketplace.

I also may consider letting my Elise go. This is very much a "may" as I like the car, but I've also driven it exactly three times last year. There's nothing wrong with it (OK, it needs a replacement splitter, which I have), it just doesn't stir my soul like the first one I owned so I'm considering Mari Kondo'ing it. But I won't be sad keeping it either .

Even more "may" would be the '89 911 Cabriolet. That's really only up for grabs if I sell the Elise as I'd then attempt to turn the proceeds for both into an aircooled 911 coupe.

PM me on here if interested in any of the above.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/25/23 10:05 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I'd offer to trade our house for the Elise, 911 & trailer, but I don't think SWMBO would be too happy about that. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
2/26/23 11:22 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Said house might also be a tad hard to track or autocross, although it might be fun doing so.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
2/26/23 4:37 p.m.

And now with pitchers!

Sorry for the CL potato quality, I was in a bit of a rush. F250 first:

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
2/26/23 4:39 p.m.

More F250:

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
2/26/23 4:41 p.m.

The F250 has a working block heater and does start fine even in really cold temperatures. I also forgot to mention that I do have the tailgate for it as well.

Onto the trailer. It is, well, a car trailer:

eurotechms
eurotechms New Reader
2/27/23 3:10 p.m.

Any pics of the P38?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
2/27/23 5:06 p.m.

In reply to eurotechms :

Not right now, but I should be able to take some on the weekend, at least if we only get a couple of inches of snow and not the foot that some people are mentioning. 

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
2/27/23 9:20 p.m.

A friend lives a couple hours south of you on I81, I'd like to send him Elise info...any pics?  Did you have a price in mind?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
2/27/23 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

It's buried at the back of the shop at the moment so the best photos I have are in this thread.

Rough price I have in mind depending on how much more work and parts I'd be throwing at it is somewhere are mid- to upper thirties, mainly due to it being a pretty high mileage car. 

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
3/1/23 2:14 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Thanks.  Just to close the loop, sent him the link, and he said it's not the right time for him.  I tried :). 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/1/23 8:49 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

Thanks, appreciate it. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
3/2/23 11:29 a.m.

I wish I was in a position to buy the truck, trailer and Elise... I would like that very much. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/2/23 1:41 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Well, in a case like that I would be willing to offer a volume discount.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
3/2/23 2:30 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Hopefully someone can take you up on it, I just can't right now. 

Love that clean truck with the cap and an Elise is on my shortest of short lists to own.

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
3/2/23 8:13 p.m.

I told my kids there was an Elise for sale for mid-$30k. They were very excited until I told them our "new" van was only worth $12k, the Saab only $2k, and the Z4 might fetch $6k.

Downcast, Elise (6) said "yeah, it probably only has seats for 4, huh?"

"No, just two, like daddy's car."

She threw her hands up in the air in abject defeat, "Well that will never work!"

Sorry, man. I tried, but even a 6 year old knows enough math for this one :/

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
3/2/23 11:01 p.m.
AxeHealey said:

I wish I was in a position to buy the truck, trailer and Elise... I would like that very much. 

I didn't think of that combo! Which would require a gross misuse of funds. A glorious misuse.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/3/23 9:02 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

So you're saying that a 6 year old is smarter or at least more realistic than some/all GRMers?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/3/23 9:02 a.m.
clutchsmoke said:
AxeHealey said:

I didn't think of that combo! Which would require a gross misuse of funds. A glorious misuse.

I don't see any "mis" in that use, but then again, I would say that, wouldn't I?

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
3/3/23 9:41 a.m.
BoxheadTim said:
clutchsmoke said:
AxeHealey said:

I don't see any "mis" in that use, but then again, I would say that, wouldn't I?

Why, in fact, you seem to have LIVED this glorious use of funds!!

KonaBoss
KonaBoss Reader
3/8/23 2:05 p.m.

If you were to sell the trailer separately, what would the price be on it?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/8/23 8:07 p.m.

In reply to KonaBoss :

I'd definitely consider selling the trailer separately. PM'd you.

Ballpark I'm looking for $1600-1800 for the trailer depending on if the buyer wants the Race Ramp ramp extensions with it and wants a fresh WV inspection as I haven't got around to getting it inspected this year.

Oh, and I'd also consider taking tools (like a MIG or TIG welder) or interesting smaller motorcycles in trade with cash either way.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/9/23 8:39 a.m.

I'll jump in line for the trailer if Kona doesn't want it; I've been looking

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/10/23 12:51 p.m.

Trailer pending.

KonaBoss
KonaBoss Reader
3/10/23 1:32 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Unfortunately I never got your PM. Did someone else snag it?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WZU9xwHdApNn9IqoA25jVgoBGUAFKN6P56ok4tiA12T6bSg2gZIHqLuogKkX1ujp