Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy Reader
5/5/24 5:02 p.m.

I came across the owner of this AW11 on facebook and I am going to be picking it up later this month. I do not need another mr2 but I have the bad habit of buying first and thinking later when it comes to these cars.

The story is that they bought it as a backup engine/parts car for their show car. It was running/driving when it was parked for storage. I do not know when this was, but the car was last registered in 2009. The body has the typical aw11 quarter rot and what looks to be front end damage with a cracked/missing fender on the drivers side. The odometer shows 157k miles. I unfortunately don't know any other details on the car yet other than a clean wisconsin title.

I have no real plan or purpose for this car, so I will offer it up to anyone that would like a cheap project car or challange car. Otherwise I will probably pull the drivetrain and keep the transmission as a spare for mine and part out the rest of the car. I have also thought about making it into a super cheap rally cross or ice racer.

I am located in watertown, WI and the car is currently near fond du lac, WI. I am getting the car for $500

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
5/5/24 6:41 p.m.

When you see that much rust on top, how much structural rust can you expect?

dan0
dan0 Dork
5/5/24 8:20 p.m.

I had an MR2 for a little while, it was fun. Good thing this one is too far away from me. 

Completely random question is the first name of the person you're buying from either Barney or Bryan? 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/5/24 8:34 p.m.
Docwemple said:

When you see that much rust on top, how much structural rust can you expect?

With wisconsin plates and toyota's legendary oxidisation rates, it ain't gonna be pretty. 

Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy Reader
5/5/24 8:35 p.m.

I'm not concerned about the structural integrity for a challenge car. I would have to do some poking around before I felt confident as a street car though. They do rust away quick and the visible rust is not a good sign

Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy Reader
5/5/24 8:36 p.m.

In reply to dan0 :

I am talking to the wife. I don't know the husband's name yet

bailion
bailion New Reader
5/6/24 8:05 a.m.

I am way too far away, but I could really use those seats and some of the interior parts. Just got my mr2 running and gotta fix all the other little things to make it not so incomplete and crusty. 

Also this looks like a hard top they cut a sunroof into... what a shame 

Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy Reader
5/6/24 8:07 a.m.

In reply to bailion :

What part of the country are you in? I know of a good parts guy in southern California area. His name is Lalo and he has a bunch of aw11's. Super nice guy. I was super sad to see the aftermarket sunroof in this one. The slick top mk1bs are not common 

Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy Reader
6/13/24 6:14 p.m.

Pickup date is finally scheduled for this car. I am going to get it on 6/22 and I will update this with better pictures once I have it

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KEAhfSgQv7VMnnAkdbOFiN89NhXNDPXka8CZcq6DuBGCA4Od8yL5yLemf8nLHCqG