Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
8/27/22 10:02 a.m.

This is my brother in-laws car until his unexpected death. My sister-in-law is moving back to Ontario,this weekend with their kids, and she doesn't drive. She's been trying to sell it with no luck. Wreckers don't want to giver her anything for it. It has over 300k but was well maintained. Runs fine but it'll need a boost.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/27/22 10:19 a.m.

Like Woody's dog, my furry kids would love it, and that looks way to nice for the scrappers. 
Alabama is a really long way away, though. Anyone up there coming all the way to the challenge?  And has room!

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
8/27/22 10:42 a.m.

I'm sorry for your loss.

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/27/22 11:17 a.m.

In reply to Wayslow :

If she is flying out of Abbotsford or Vancouver, she could have someone drive it to Empire Auto Wrecking in Abbotsford. They will pay her cash. I think it's $200.00 which is not much, but it will buy most of one airfare. Empire is maybe ten minutes from Abbotsford Airport.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/27/22 11:41 a.m.

I am sorry for your loss.  My son just graduated from university and is starting work in Vancouver. I sent it to him but he won't be back till Monday night.

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
8/27/22 11:53 a.m.

To clarify. The car can be driven but the registration has expired. My sister-in-law doesn't drive therefore can't take it to a scrapper. She had a person coming to pick it up but they evaporated at the last minute.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
8/27/22 11:55 a.m.

I spoke with my son and he said he would like it.  He will be home Monday.  If it needs to go before then he said he could have a friend pick it up.

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
8/27/22 12:01 p.m.

In reply to cdowd (Forum Supporter) :

Please call me at +14372393163 

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
8/27/22 4:56 p.m.

My son is working out how to get there as we speak!

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
8/27/22 5:02 p.m.

90 miles NW of Kamloops BC. 

Rons
Rons HalfDork
8/27/22 10:47 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

I prefer to think of it as 108 miles up the Fraser from Lillooet.

Rons
Rons HalfDork
8/29/22 11:47 a.m.

In reply to cdowd (Forum Supporter) :

Have the details been worked out?

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
9/2/22 9:52 a.m.

So CDowds son had to back out . This means the car is still available. The transfer portion of the ownership has been signed and is in the glovebox along with the keys.  The summer tires, on factory aluminum rims, are in the trunk.

As my brother in-law was a Volvo fanatic so I'd really prefer that this car goes to someone who'll use it rather than the wrecker. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/2/22 11:02 a.m.

Damn someone should drive this straight to the challenge... Epic road trip plus challenge!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/2/22 11:04 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ry6dZSBGcUFM0qV34WoBKZJB9WTP2FSh3ddcfMEpPXHAqwHaz9lCYTs5aoE1u11b