DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
7/4/24 3:34 p.m.
Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
7/4/24 4:23 p.m.

Nice project- those Texas plates convince your brain it's rust free even though it's in Michigan. Sticker on plate says 1992......

*C3

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/4/24 4:43 p.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

corrected

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UberDork
7/4/24 4:50 p.m.

Why does it seem like both seats are sagging inward and why do Corvette seats suck until the C6 generation?

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/4/24 6:40 p.m.

Why don't all of the C3 vettes on the planet have LS engines swapped in them already? That "Big Block" advertised would struggle to outrun a stock truck 5.3.

That said, if it is a factory documented "Big Block Car" it is ov value to someone in the Corvette Cult.

I always like the looks but it does not cater to human meat-geometry on the inside.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/4/24 6:57 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Why don't all of the C3 vettes on the planet have LS engines swapped in them already? That "Big Block" advertised would struggle to outrun a stock truck 5.3.

That said, if it is a factory documented "Big Block Car" it is ov value to someone in the Corvette Cult.

I always like the looks but it does not cater to human meat-geometry on the inside.

I've driven big block C3s.

The LS is not the answer.  Not even the LS7.  Different ballparks, here.\

I mean, no.  Just no.  Big blocks are big blocks and they drive waaaaaaay different from any truck GenIII/IV thing.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
7/4/24 7:52 p.m.

Welllll......if it were mine, there would be an aluminum LS and a Tremec in it in short order.

drew944
drew944 New Reader
7/5/24 9:22 a.m.

My Chevy eyes aren't that good to tell what that block is but it has an LT-1 hood which would be rad if that was the engine

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
7/5/24 11:19 a.m.

When did "basket cases" turn into "barn finds"? When I think Corvette this is the body style that comes to mind.

128racecar
128racecar Reader
7/5/24 11:48 a.m.

It's not worth getting hot and bothered over a C3 unless they post in the ad pictures of the bottom of the birdcage mount to the frame, and the frame kick up just in front of the rear wheel. My last C3 (a 72), I looked at seven different ones that were advertised as "solid frame" before finding one that didn't have terminal rust in those two areas. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/5/24 3:36 p.m.

Seems like a lot of rust at base of windshield in pic with right door open.

and how many years / what percentage of its age do we have to park something in a barn to qualify it as a barn find?

this car is a 1972, so it's 52 years old. It has been in a barn 8 years, ie since 2016. To me, that's not a barn find.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
7/5/24 3:47 p.m.

Love the lines on the chrome bumper (on both ends!) C3s.  The C2 was a hard act to follow and I think Chevy nailed it.  

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
7/5/24 3:58 p.m.
clutchsmoke said:

Why does it seem like both seats are sagging inward and why do Corvette seats suck until the C6 generation?

they still suck in the c6, c7 gets better /w some comp options but c6s are not great...

drock25too
drock25too HalfDork
7/6/24 9:06 p.m.

I'd rather have the Buick. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FIQuXho1Xge9vMHCsxbkjDxmqmmbuOnJWdcoKQx6RQpe5EWSlP3gW6QmM1plAYwm