Joshyork New Reader
12/18/21 5:30 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

I plan on it!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/18/21 6:43 p.m.

In reply to Joshyork :

Meant to give you a link to the orginal build thread so you know what's been done to the car.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/saab-9-5-aero-wagon-daily-driver-content/144964/page1/

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
2/27/22 9:45 p.m.
Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
2/27/22 9:48 p.m.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/27/22 9:52 p.m.

Would certainly appear to be the case. 

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
2/27/22 10:03 p.m.

Just saw the username matches the seller's name.  Trying not to be too judgey...but that's a bummer.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/27/22 10:09 p.m.

Is the sale picture actually Stampies trailer from the day it was delivered?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/27/22 10:14 p.m.
Hoondavan said:

Just saw the username matches the seller's name.  Trying not to be too judgey...but that's a bummer.

Agreed.  Hard not to be judgey.   Seems Josh has contributed to the board 5 times and only in the thread of obtaining the free car.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
2/27/22 10:25 p.m.

That sucks.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/27/22 10:35 p.m.

That sucks but just to assume the best in people: Is this a case of biting off more project than they could chew and then punting? Seems like there are easier ways to make a quick buck, and it's been sitting in their yard for a few months. frown

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/27/22 10:37 p.m.

I mean, I could always make an offer on it for exactly what he has into it......but I already got rid of one dead wagon. I'm not trying to get another. 

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
2/27/22 11:04 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Lol, i thought the same thing until I realized I didn't (and still don't) want a dead wagon...even for free.

The sole reason I updated this post was because I know there was a bit of interest from other GRM folk who would do something awesome with this wagon if it were offered for free again.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
2/27/22 11:13 p.m.
Hoondavan said:

I know there was a bit of interest from other GRM folk who would do something awesome with this wagon if it were offered for free again.

I'm at the point where I can afford to irritate the wife for a little bit while I swap an engine for a free car.

This blows goats.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
2/28/22 9:27 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

That sucks but just to assume the best in people: Is this a case of biting off more project than they could chew and then punting? Seems like there are easier ways to make a quick buck, and it's been sitting in their yard for a few months. frown

I say you're correct, but not getting it on false pretenses, does not excuse him for wanting that kinda profit. If he listed it for $150 obo, I'd be on his side. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/22 9:36 a.m.
Joshyork said:

In reply to Indy - Guy :

I plan on it!

get berkeleyed

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
2/28/22 10:16 a.m.

I'm not going to blame a guy. Haven't we always said hey it's your car so do what you want with it?  Would it had been nice to offer it up back here?  Sure but not required.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/28/22 10:21 a.m.

It is outside the spirit of being free. He should have offered it up on GRm first. This would have been a great lemons or challenge car..

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/28/22 10:34 a.m.
Stampie said:

I'm not going to blame a guy. Haven't we always said hey it's your car so do what you want with it?  Would it had been nice to offer it up back here?  Sure but not required.

You are a better man than me. 

I need to try to be more like you. Honestly. That level of peace and serenity about this is admirable,  and something i hope to attain someday. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/28/22 10:36 a.m.

The FB ad was placed 14 hours ago and I see it is now listed as Pending:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/362066402445537/?ref=facebook_story_share

iansane
iansane Dork
2/28/22 10:44 a.m.
Stampie said:

Good outlook. It's a bummer it wasn't GRM-recycled, but you can't live someone else's life for them.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/22 11:11 a.m.

Yeah once it's out of your hands it's gone.  I once gave away stock car wheels on CL "if you can use them for your project" and literally dude went home and listed them for $100.  If i would have lit him up on the phone for it, i would have burned a bridge to the guy I eventually bought my Devin from.  Was he unscrupulous for doing that?  Yeah, but maybe he needed that $100 for his project.  At the time I was willing to give them away to not have to deal with them, but it's still rotten to see someone's generosity apparently taken advantage of.  Maybe dude got in over his head or bought an engine for it and doesn't have time.  Or maybe he's a big berkeleying sleaze and signed up here to make $ off the community's generosity.

I can say for certain if I post anything here for free to a grm home i'm not giving it to someone who signs up just to claim it

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/28/22 11:29 a.m.
Stampie said:

Good perspective. To me, anyone that has their first post in claiming a free car is most likely going to resell it. Not worth stressing over, but if I was giving one away I would probably restrict it some... then again I'm greedy and rarely give away cars.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
2/28/22 12:08 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Stampie said:

You are a better man than me. 

I need to try to be more like you. Honestly. That level of peace and serenity about this is admirable,  and something i hope to attain someday. 

You don't get to see me at work. I'm a total shiny happy person there.

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
2/28/22 1:17 p.m.

Man, this whole thread bummed me out. Luckily 98% of what happens around here goes differently. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eXmdUXdilWJp8rbIrPDPpTG9iQSkERmllio24yRJgP3Y40uciwh9q8bg7IQkuIO7