Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
6/29/11 12:29 p.m.

We're just about ready to drop our BMW off at the paint shop. The bumpers have been modified to fit the flares and we're finishing up some small fit issues here and there. Next up--serious "Paint Jail" time for this project.

gjz30075
gjz30075 Reader
6/30/11 10:40 a.m.

Same shop that did the Tiger?

Per Schroeder
6/30/11 11:39 a.m.

yep.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard SonDork
7/3/11 7:28 p.m.

Per, I think I'm going to start working on it soon.

Tom's having me warmup my blocking skills on a Mach 1 Mustang first, so your 2002 is going to be perfect!

Per Schroeder
7/4/11 2:53 p.m.

Funny--I think. Your mad blocking skillz are already amazing—your E30 is gorgeous.

For those not in the know--Tom Suddard (Tommy) is working at The Body Werks for the summer under the tutelage of Tom Prescott. Not to be mistaken for Tom Heath, who works for us, or Tim Manders who works with Tom Prescott—who is not Tim Suddard, father to Tom. Suddard, that is.

Per (who can just go by his first name)

ps: 4th of July fun—tearing down the Tii M10 to see what I've got. First (and second) impression is that the first overbore rebuild is doing fine at 175-180 psi on all four cylinders. Too bad it's too ugly to put in the car. Probably going to freshen up the head and throw it back together.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard SonDork
7/5/11 7:43 p.m.

I hear that M10s take boost well.

Just sayin'

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
7/12/11 10:18 a.m.

The BMW is now at the Body Werks, and we have the pictures to prove it.

Click here to see the latest update.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
7/12/11 11:58 a.m.

Sigh wish I had the fund to paint the race car ;-)

Vince
Vince Reader
7/12/11 3:57 p.m.

In reply to Per Schroeder: I'd love a chance to work with a true expert body man that can work metal and the whole thing. I can do good work but I'm sure I'm taking 5 times as long to get professional looking results.

The BMW will look awesome I'm sure... Have fun Tom.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
7/12/11 4:16 p.m.
AndreGT6 wrote: Sigh wish I had the fund to paint the race car ;-)

yeah... although I don't think the 2002 will be a race car. Per did his own body/paint work on the Saab rally project car.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
7/12/11 4:34 p.m.

Errr Per knows why I need paint

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y17muwGsjemO4uEcAIOFjjWTA4PaMZugZYl0PeZ3ZuuRCiw7VC4dWZ3wqb0wZoNj