jr02518
jr02518 HalfDork
7/15/24 9:13 p.m.

First, my car is a solid 20 footer.  I have made it to Solvang for the last two years and I make the other cars look good.  In fact this year I was parked next to the car that won our group.  That 1600 is special!  But what I bring to the "rest of the story" is the fact that when you are a son of a carrier Navy officer, you might grow up and go to school in some great places.  But you are just passing through.

I lived in Carmel three times.  My elementary school is in the shadow of the Carmel River Inn, my high school  is on Highway One and Ocean Avenue.  The closest I could get to events was volunteering to do what ever it took to be around some very nice cars.

My car came to me three years ago.  I had know of this existence for over 25 years, sitting in a garage six houses down the street.  It was a none running but complete car.  It had been her first car from High School, 1974.  It was a two plus year odyssey getting it back into running condition.  I cleaned the interior and polished the paint. That is as far as I will go with the car.  Again, it it a driver.  You can relive my refresh on 311s.org  Roadster Racing, 33,700 plus views.

So, I am driving my car from Southern California, with a stop in Venture to spend the night and share a meal, then to Pacific Grove for the Classic Motorsports event on Tuesday and The Little Car Show on Wednesday.   I will be in the Red Roadster, I will have the biggest smile!  The car will have some well deserved road grime, I guarantee it.  Stop by and say hellow!  David

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
7/15/24 9:31 p.m.

We're going to need some pictures.....a lot of Datsun guys are on here.

jr02518
jr02518 HalfDork
7/15/24 11:22 p.m.

There are a boat load on the 311s.org site, taken during the refresh, but yes pictures to follow of the drive north and the shows.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/15/24 11:30 p.m.

Glad to hear that you’ll be joining us.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rPOg7qbU8vsD3GPL2M7oRvABqCOyRYOER7FVVEWlRx7mpis00TDLKDnJlBztyIEF