ChrisTropea
ChrisTropea Associate Editor
9/27/21 1:19 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8zrLlJ_n038

More and more, automotive events across the country are falling under the Hagerty banner, but why is an insurance company interested in acquiring so many events in our scene?

We ask CEO McKeel Hagerty himself to find out–and no, it’s not because he wants to take over the world.

Watch more videos

essjatee
essjatee
9/28/21 8:24 a.m.

A great interview with McKeel, and hope for the future of the Classic Car hobby. I was heartened to hear that Hagerty bought the top tier Concours events like Greenwich and Amelia. Perhaps now they will begin to broaden the tent at these events and include marques that traditionally have been excluded ie: (Japanese) because, after all we aren't in the museum business- and the cars on the field should reflect the interests of all generations.

Steve

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/30/21 8:27 a.m.

In reply to essjatee :

Good point. Some have adopted Japanese cars, but not all of them. I judged a class of Japanese race cars at Amelia a few years ago, and some of my fellow judges asked me how I drew short straw to have to judge that class. I thought. had hit the lottery!

essjatee
essjatee New Reader
9/30/21 7:10 p.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

Thanks for acknowledging the importance of Japanese cars Tim. You already know - you didn't draw the short straw, you drew the future...well done.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/7/21 8:49 a.m.

In reply to essjatee :

Thank you. I enjoy doing this stuff and using my access to some of these people to share it with everyone

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qP6SWFy2wL0F2rTS8mdNrnDGjR0KzLDJOrSNOLxhtDzhGMVGkfHjjRTT2m79OMaw