Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
7/9/13 10:28 a.m.

We are trying to be at three places at once next weekend and are spread a little thin. We will be at UTCC (most of us, of course), the Hawk at Road America (Joe and Carl) and the Pittsburgh GP (Andy Reid and you). yes, you. We need a volunteer from our audience to help out at our booth, primarily on Saturday July 20th.

Compensation will range from free swag and a slap on the back to bags full of cash, or an old MG, depending on how seriously you take the job and how desperate we get.

If interested, and available, and not a psycho killer (okay, we'll let the psycho killer part slide, since if he lived, it would make for a fun Andy story), please contact Debbie at our office 386 239-0523 or debbie@grassrootsmotorsports.com

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
7/9/13 11:07 a.m.

I wish you guys would do this somewhere local to me.....I want to hang out with the cool kids.

[a.k.a. "bump" + my lame humor.]

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
7/9/13 5:43 p.m.

Bit of a hike for me to get out there but I have SWMBO approval and a family out that way, lemme think on it. I'll shoot Debbie an email.

Maybe we can work out a little trade :)

stangomite
stangomite
7/10/13 1:43 p.m.

well,I'm no psycho killer..(unless you want me to be,..but that's where i draw the line..absolutely no hot dog suit,..etc) ..i found your post funny but serious enough to put my own spin on it.

it would be great to receive all that you may or may not offer...and a bag of chips,

but i think you can do better and it will benefit both of us,

you pick the scenario or mix them up..

so,the Pittsburgh grand prix marque this year is the ford mustang

guess what ?? i have a 1979 mustang 2.3L peach-A-chit i have been racing at SCCA regional events

i was hoping to get it on track ..

i sent the organizers an email to see if it qualify for the event...didn't hear from them (they probably know better..)and i didn't follow on it either .

so we can dress this baby up maybe throw a few dollars on it..(she's a cheep date, grass roots show through) and have a theme

(just for the record,..she hold steady at 6th place and when everyone was sleeping took 2nd at mid Ohio)

OK OK,..

in the second scenario we can do a "back to the future" feature story to talk about time "before" the "going pro" article

"one mans quest for racing stardom in a rusty but trusty 1979 ford mustang"

who knows,...crazy idea...just throwing it out there......maybe even have the car campaign in a few events

the story might be goofy,but is real

what do you say,do we have a deal ?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/10/13 2:33 p.m.

Sorry, Stang, but we work much farther ahead on projects/partnerships like that. The event is next weekend, so we're just looking for some basic hang/help in the booth manpower.

Margie

stangomite
stangomite New Reader
7/10/13 3:04 p.m.

ok,..thank you margie, well it was fun being silly here, let me know if you like to work on a project/story

if im not working the event with my club i would love to help you out i will let you know in advance thank you

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
7/10/13 11:35 p.m.

Stand by Tim, I'm checking with my wife.

Leo

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
7/11/13 5:08 a.m.

The wife said we're in. Email sent to Debbie.

Leo

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/11/13 10:51 a.m.

Excellent! Thanks.

Margie

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ePwn2JX2N3SZLxUCFQiD2edZpW8LIwNjdkTHHk6GftQRYsF9MwC84VDWa2upe8jM