1 2 3
phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
7/18/13 4:08 a.m.
phaze1todd wrote:
gamby wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I really would like to find a 76-77 Plymouth Volare Roadrunner.
That's fantastic. I don't care that they were emissions-choked, they did look kinda cool. So much of this stuff has vanished from the Northeast. After enough winters, they'd have just vaporized. Can't remember the last time I saw a Laguna. I like the oddball late 70's stuff, for sure. For me, much more interesting than another 69 Camaro or 68 Mustang.
Brother had one. Worked at a Cry/Ply stealership in the late 70's. It got repo'd from PO and the 318 was blown. Bought pennies on dollar and swapped in 340 from a Barracuda and custom dual exhaust.

Forgot to add two words to this:

"Axle Hop!"

ian @ Jewel Or Jalopy
ian @ Jewel Or Jalopy New Reader
7/18/13 4:19 p.m.

The talk of G-bodies got me searching around and I found this:

http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?79237-Project-Grocery-Getter-1983-Chevy-Malibu-Wagon!

Nothing screams sleeper more than a wagon. In slightly less flashy trim this would be a great sleeper.

ian @ Jewel Or Jalopy
ian @ Jewel Or Jalopy New Reader
7/18/13 4:42 p.m.
TR8owner wrote: What am I missing here????? Honestly, I always thought that was Detroit's darkest era.

I used to think that as well. But ifyou can strip off the emissions, or better yet drop in a later engine to up the power. Then yank the heavy bumpers and other stuff to drop the weight. And almost anything from the late 70's will weigh less than something built today.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse HalfDork
7/26/13 8:54 a.m.

Dodge Magnum, Chrysler Cordoba, or one of the last Chrysler 300s. Or one of the early-80's Mirada/ Imperials. I want one of that group- if I had to narrow it down, a '77 Cordoba (Year of my birth) with a 318 would be great. I had a '74 Satellite the a 318, and it was a blast.

My wife and I were hunting around the pick n pull the other day and we stumbled upon a '76 Dodge Aspen...4 door. It was silver with light blue interior and the ubiquitous slant 6 transmission. The car had almost zero rust, which is amazing, and only light body damage in front. The tail lights were particularly cool looking- I was very tempted to grab them for my "someday project" pile o parts. It just amazed me this car would be junked- it looked complete and solid. Some old lady probably had it, pinged a telephone pole at 15 mph in front, and the insurance company totalled it out. A real shame. The interior was still so clean you could eat off of it. Imagine it lowered about an inch, on 15" cop steelies, and a 318 under the hood...

Unfortunately, now it's just going to be refrigerators. At least someone pulled the front disc brake setup off of it, probably for their 60's drum brake car.

penultimeta
penultimeta New Reader
7/26/13 10:26 a.m.

I think they're a great option for someone who wants to wrench on something vintage. With the exorbitant prices that drivable late 60s/early 70s Detroit steel is going for lately (I blame Barrett-Jackson, but that's tangential), late 70s stuff is becoming more appealing to me, too.

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
7/26/13 12:02 p.m.
MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
7/26/13 12:43 p.m.

Ack... already got one LS swap going, don't need a second one! It's tempting.

(Of course, after I get one done, I might be able to do the second faster!)

ronbros
ronbros Reader
7/30/13 5:44 p.m.

how about a 1982 Opel-Isuzu coupe,DIESEL,turbo!

45-50mpg, great cruiser, not particularly fast.

4cyl.1.8T, now see if i can post some pix??

what is URL or type -paste,DUH!

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
7/31/13 10:00 a.m.

NMNA

1973 Ford Gran Torino - $2000 (Lithonia, GA)

I own this 1973 Ford Gran Torino that was purchased new by my Granny. I have the original Bill of Sale, title, and manual. The car has the original Cleveland engine. The interior is original and in almost new condition. Still has the original paint. The actual mileage on this vehicle is 89,728.4. Hasn't been driven for a few years so a tow truck will be needed to pick her up. The car is at my Mom's house, and I will meet any potential buyer there to check the car out. Please, serious buyers only. The cost is only what I paid my Mom for the car, so I'm just trying to recoup what I have in it. In my opinion, she's worth every penny of it. The car has been covered with an old tarp and some dirt filtered through it, so it's just surface dirt you see in the closeup.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GFW8dY6m0VXyFnGf7CsC3IImyS8Gpap4pqaB7Faw8nYPnMKe4y6iKZgmXjeKpWMQ