André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
11/12/09 11:30 a.m.

I cleaned!

Pulled everything out, vacuumed, swept, degreased, pressure washed and then used the heaters to dry the floor.

I wish I could have painted it, but all my stuff was in the driveway.

People kept slowing down as they drove by. NO MY TOOLS ARE NOT FOR SALE.

Still I have too much stuff in my single garage. 2 engine's, 2 trannies and a whole solid axle spare for the FIAT (HEAVY). What a nightmare

Huge improvement getting the gear oil smell out of the place. I started on the boxes too. Tossing 2 whole bags of old stuff that is not worth keeping.

http://www.124racer.com/gallery/09/1111/

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
11/12/09 11:32 a.m.

Once I'm done the boxes I'll do the cabinets.

Need to separate Triumph from FIAT.

Looking forward too next year when I'll buy a 24' or longer enclosed trailer.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t HalfDork
11/12/09 12:18 p.m.

I hear you!

I have basically a 1.5 car garage and the race-Spridget is already in it. Last year, I put my MGB in the garage with the Spridget and got almost nothing accomplished on either car due to the crush of space.

This year the MGB is going in a portable building and the A35 is going in the garage with the Spridget. I just rearranged stuff and tossed a bunch of junk so, hopefully, things will be better. Right now, the Austin doesn't have any axles so that won't happen for another week or so.

We're also slowly house hunting.........I want a 10 car garage. Herself has different ideas.

Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
11/12/09 1:18 p.m.

Parts in plastic bins does help a lot.

Do you have a basement? Room in the back yard for a shed? I have my Volvo's engine and transmission in my backyard shed... and most of its parts in my basement... seldom used tools live in my attic (along with more parts)... my collection of car seats (Volvo, Miata, E30 Sport) is up there as well. I try to limit the contents of the garage to tools and equipment that cannot be stored elsewhere. Last year, I was able to fit both my Spit 6 and my daily driver TDI in my 1.5 car garage. This year, I plan to move stuff around again and get the MINI and the TDI inside for the Winter... I really hate scraping my windshield and clearing snow off my car...

Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
11/12/09 3:00 p.m.

I keep a lot of stuff in the basement in those plastic containers. They make one large enough to hold a Alfa block and a Fiat block and then you just get one more for the heads. The Alfa engine with the head will fit together but you need to remove the oil pan. :)

Speaking of cleaning, does anyone want a custom built Richardson racing seat (aluminum) with head supports? It is for a tall person, I got it from Michael Waltrip a few years back and we are both 6'4". I will send it to someone who wants/needs it for the cost to ship it.

DneprDave
DneprDave New Reader
11/12/09 3:06 p.m.

My old house had a 1200 square foot shop/garage. The new house's garage is 700 square feet, I still got all my cars, tools and stuff in it, but I don't have an open bay anymore, I have to move a car out for non-car projects. There is space alongside the garage where I could build a 300 square foot extension. Maybe next year.

Dave

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
11/13/09 6:25 a.m.

Cough. Shelf with parts and wheels in the basement.

In the shed and under the deck.

Sigh.

hehe

I've been cleaning, but adding a 2nd car a racer no less was not one of my shining moments.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n9upNyuWTaXHoa9hqMh7kqZVE51vrKWbomUmZNe1w5UTyOLlKGlMJaBZpjUkRia2